Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What I did last weekend...

Numbchux

Note the lack of boot around the shifter.

I have the main boot on but not boot for the 4WD shifter and get some splatter up in the cabin often. Usually up my right arm too LOL

Gnarly. I try not to hit a mud pit too hard so that it doesnt shoot mud into my engine bay. I actually have yet to get mud in my engine (knock on wood). I have gotten plenty of water in my engine from really deep water crossings.:drunk:

Try wheeling without doors and your rims flipped inside out:brow:

woa, holy crap, that's crazy.

Well, the pics/video will be in next week for sure, but here's the deal. there are 3 main puddles, 1 called the 'truck mud run':

3242PICT0605.JPG

and a couple smallers...I went through the smallest one at the crawl 4 the cure earlier this summer:

3242PICT0616-med.JPG

so I went back through it last weekend, and it was quite a bit smaller and shallower, so I figured, having watched a jeep go through the truck mud run, and look close (I might have been able to do it...), I though, well, I just go across the end, not even through the middle....Well, it had gotten dug up, and turned out to be a healthy 2 feet, probably closer to 3 in the middle.

all the pics I posted earlier in this post, as well as these two, were taken the next day (a healthy 24 hrs of sitting, plus quite a bit of scooping with my little shovel)...but you get the idea:

3242P9250106-med.JPG

3242P9250104-med.JPG

and yes, that's the water line on the back seat, it didn't get quite that high in the front as the water didn't really start coming in until the front wheels started coming up the bank on the other side. it took 4 ATV's with winches to pull me out.

I felt the need to tell everyone, because with all the talk about snorkels recently, is that I wanted to prove that you're intake is not your biggest problem. my car died instantly when water literally flooded my disty, the crank angle sensor completely caked with mud....stock intake: DRY, judging from the amount of white smoke that came out of the exhaust the first time I started it, some got in the exhaust, but the smoke has stopped, when I get the seats and carpet back in (if I do put the carpet in, might do some bedliner action...) we'll see how she runs.

MORE PICTURES.... Must know what happened.

I will when I get it, unfortunately the camera was out of battery when it happened, but my buddy was standing on the shore (I think an accurate term) with the DV camera. unfortunately I won't be getting ahold of if until the weekend, at which point, there will be pictures, and probably video!

nope...this was just a good excuse to add bedliner instead of carpet, and rubber plugged drain holes under the seats!

I'll get through that puddle yet! :headbang:

Best thing you could do if your going to be playing in water. Carpet gets real funky after it gets wet.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, the idiot that has the camera didn't come up when he said he would, so I had him email it to me...anyway, I edited the sound out (the guy taping had a few inappropriate things to say), and replaced it with a little music.

anyway, here it is...enjoy

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=8529&sort=1&cat=500&page=1