Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Gen1 vs. Gen2 Brat Jump seats

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RallyKeith

RallyKeith

Got Subaru(s)?

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • Reading, Pa

Posted 25 September 2003 - 09:04 AM

Is there a difference, and how can someone who has never seen them installed in a brat before tell the difference? Also, how much should you pay for a decent set?

Keith

#2 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 25 September 2003 - 09:53 AM

Im almost 100% sure that the all the same....:headbang:

#3 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,152 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:02 AM

no differences between gen1/gen2, except there was a slight change in '84, when the tube supports behind the back of the seats became a continuous loop across the back, instead of just ending at the top with a rubber plug. the texture of the seats is slightly different, and the drain hole is a little different.

the headrest bars longer for the Gen2's, but the Gen1's have enough extra length that they can be drilled out to work fine....

price depends on supply/demand usually. I've given $30-50 for sets in junkyards but that's pretty rare. have seen 'em go for $250 for a set...
shipping them is usually what costs a lot.

latest observations from board/eBay:
jump seats: $75 to $125 a set.
the rear headrests usually go $15-$25 a set.
working rear seatbelts around $40 a set.
seat frame usually $15-$30

#4 RallyKeith

RallyKeith

Got Subaru(s)?

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • Reading, Pa

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:06 AM

Thanks guys. So for a set in decent shape with non working seat belts $75-$100 is reasonable?

Keith

#5 snoutmeat

snoutmeat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Pacific Northwest

Posted 27 September 2003 - 10:01 PM

What a relief. I bought a set of seats off Ebay today. The guy called to ask if I needed any more Brat parts. I asked what year his Brat was, and he told me he had an '80 and a '78 -- both Gen 1! (My Brat is an '82). I was a bit worried that the seats had changed from generation to generation. I'm much happier now.

--Shane in Seattle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users