Ultimate Subaru Message Board

AA stuff+Liberators=issues

kingbobdole

thats why 6 lug is the best way to go. lots more options, and would cost less than custom wheels...

4 inch lift on subarus is nothing. i do circle burnouts, and power slide around corners, on the street. still very stable

course maybe the aa lift is all wobbly compared to mine.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did i do it???? I don't know. I must be insain!

went to Walmart today,,,they only had three 215/75R15's in stock, but they had a whole set of 225/75R15's in the liaratorAT so out of impulse I bought'em and had them mounted on my new wagon wheels,,,:rolleyes:

At 55 bucks a tire,,They look great! However, now I am going to have to beat the fender a bit:(

I should have went with a 14 inch rim, because the 225/70R14 Libarator looks very good , wide and meaty. O well ,I'm the king of hindsight;)

" Now I need my lucky racing underware, they have racing stripes down the sides and a skid mark down the back...."

I ended up going with Firestone 195/70/14 tires and 14 inch pug rims for my car. I had some problems with the rims rubbing slightly on the front brake calipers so I threw on some 1/2" washers to set em out a lil bit. Seems to work, lugs are staying tight. I went with 14 inch pugs because I got 4 rims for 100 bucks and I was looking at more than that just to get yota rims and then even more to have them drilled..

I ended up going with Firestone 195/70/14 tires and 14 inch pug rims for my car. I had some problems with the rims rubbing slightly on the front brake calipers so I threw on some 1/2" washers to set em out a lil bit. Seems to work, lugs are staying tight. I went with 14 inch pugs because I got 4 rims for 100 bucks and I was looking at more than that just to get yota rims and then even more to have them drilled..

rims rubin on calipers? what wheels are those?

I have 14" pug alloys on right now and I have never had the wheel rub on the caliper. Interesting.....:confused:

6 lugs rule, mine have 3" of backspacing so the whellbase is fairly large. 4" of lift with all the engine and trannie weight down low makes for a really stable ride. These cars will take more sidehill inclination than your tires have grip for.

I drive my car like it's stolen.

Drifts, burnouts, hill jumping, logging road rallies, 4x4ing. Older toy land cruisers and trucks, chevy's are your best bet. A custom subie rim for offroading should have at least 2" less backspacing than stock IMO

Vanislru you mean track width not wheel base right? the Isuzu rims i got have more B/S but i havent measured them, you have any rub issues with the 3"? is theere room for more B/S? like 3.5-4"?
Yeah trackwidth, 3.5-4 should be ok as long as your tires aren't wider than 9". I had alot of rubbin in the front on the footwelll are but I bashed the snot out of those and cut alot of the fender out and in the back I chopped alot of metal out. The only time I rub now is when I jump the car and that's not very often.

hey firstsubaruglwagon, do you have any pics of your wagon? those tires are a little bit bigger than 28inches so... you should have some bashing to do on the fenders...

Well i just finshed my fender Mods and took some photo's of the process , however, I have a film camera. When i get the pics developed I will scan them in and post them.

In the front, i was able to keep the old mudflaps, by way of cutting back about 1.75" while leaving a tab to fold over and put the flap bolt through.

And on the very front , I used an O-ring out of a lid for a 5 gallon bucket , slit it open the whole length with a knife and then superglued the inside of the ring and slid it over the cut part of the fender.(after sealing the cut metal with fingernail polish)

Looks almost OEM ;)

In the rear there was only 3/4 of an inch to be hammered back by the door.. Rusty metal hammers easy:grin: