Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bad coupe, bad. *rant*

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:09 AM

ok..
backround info..i have been super lazy as far as replacing the speakers and factory tape deck in teh turbo coupe..well last week,installed speakers. and thoose who have 2drs know the back speakers are a pain in the @ss. you basiclly have to remove all the plastic from the rear of the car, with all the old/brittle/broken clips. fun.

last night. first real downpur in a while. late night after work i go to my car. pop the hatch to throw my stuff in there, and..........

on each side its a frikin waterfall of rain water pourin on the inside of my car. where you might ask? All inside the speakers and surronding area. yeah. so when i start it up i turn off the radio, keep it off today..i try it tonight..fade to the back and hear burrap burrap burrap.

Yae :banghead:

#2 tizzle

tizzle

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:00 AM

That sucks. My rear speakers have never worked, and I haven't attempted to pull all that plastic either( well I did once but gave up)

#3 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:06 AM

that sucks :(

#4 erik litchy

erik litchy

Leadfoot

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Peoria IL

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:39 PM

sounds like you should have got marine speakers

#5 lastchance

lastchance

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • City

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:46 PM

me thinks it's teh karma

No Type-O Negative for you!

#6 wesley willis

wesley willis

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • port alberni, bc, canada

Posted 02 October 2005 - 05:55 PM

happened to me - i left the side windows on my hatch open. wrecked the new speakers i put in there, so i got bigger ones and built boxes for them. now they hang from the roof all nice like.

#7 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:22 AM

Forget rear speakers. Just get bigger and louder front speakers and you will never know they're not there.

I put 230watt 6x8's in my doors. and 400watt 10" subs in the rear. 450watt amp for the fronts, 600watts for the rear box... and i dont miss my rear speakers at all.

That and stop playing Hanson in the coupe!!

-Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users