Ultimate Subaru Message Board

thanks again guys. i got all 4 struts and springs.. easyer to take the compete setup. i took the rears apart and the struts are shot. i can easily move the shaft back and forth....umm so i expect the same with the front.

we are on a tight budget so i don't want to spend 400 on a set of crazy KYB struts... that is not possible and she woudn't even know the difference. she dosn't tow anything so getting a little lift isn't needed. im now looking for a good deal on a set of dencent struts. I'll take some picts as soon as i get it done. ;)

thanks again guys. i got all 4 struts and springs.. easyer to take the compete setup. i took the rears apart and the struts are shot. i can easily move the shaft back and forth....umm so i expect the same with the front.

we are on a tight budget so i don't want to spend 400 on a set of crazy KYB struts... that is not possible and she woudn't even know the difference. she dosn't tow anything so getting a little lift isn't needed. im now looking for a good deal on a set of dencent struts. I'll take some picts as soon as i get it done. ;)

How about half that? I found this on ebay (these are the more standard GR2 struts. Non-adjustable)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-GR-2-SHOCKS-SUBARU-LEGACY-IMPREZA-RS-4WD-93-01_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQitemZ8007252682

If you search online, I'll bet you can find similar (or better) deals. What year was the car they came off of?

OK, I just read back. Did you get the struts off of the '92 at the JY? If so the ones behind that link above will work right out of the box.

Thank you all for your help, this was a very interesting project and what i found here and what you all told me helped alot. the car now rides on 92 legacy springs, 93 monroe struts.:D ride is good, ride height is very good. much better than i had thought.

here is a crappy pic.

leacar.jpg

it took about 3 hours for me and my friend leah to do the job.. yes she helped..;) after getting all the struts on i forgot to re fill the master cylinder before bleading the rear breaks so i got the whole system screwed up... so tomarow i bleed the system all over agian. :-\

any way thanks again.