Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

93 legacy air ride struts

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 PeterD

PeterD

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Renton/Cheney ( EWU )

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:31 PM

thanks again guys. i got all 4 struts and springs.. easyer to take the compete setup. i took the rears apart and the struts are shot. i can easily move the shaft back and forth....umm so i expect the same with the front.
we are on a tight budget so i don't want to spend 400 on a set of crazy KYB struts... that is not possible and she woudn't even know the difference. she dosn't tow anything so getting a little lift isn't needed. im now looking for a good deal on a set of dencent struts. I'll take some picts as soon as i get it done. ;)

#27 Gnuman

Gnuman

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,399 posts
  • Richmond, CA

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:42 PM

thanks again guys. i got all 4 struts and springs.. easyer to take the compete setup. i took the rears apart and the struts are shot. i can easily move the shaft back and forth....umm so i expect the same with the front.
we are on a tight budget so i don't want to spend 400 on a set of crazy KYB struts... that is not possible and she woudn't even know the difference. she dosn't tow anything so getting a little lift isn't needed. im now looking for a good deal on a set of dencent struts. I'll take some picts as soon as i get it done. ;)

How about half that? I found this on ebay (these are the more standard GR2 struts. Non-adjustable)

http://cgi.ebay.com/...itemZ8007252682

If you search online, I'll bet you can find similar (or better) deals. What year was the car they came off of?

OK, I just read back. Did you get the struts off of the '92 at the JY? If so the ones behind that link above will work right out of the box.

#28 PeterD

PeterD

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Renton/Cheney ( EWU )

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:19 PM

Thank you all for your help, this was a very interesting project and what i found here and what you all told me helped alot. the car now rides on 92 legacy springs, 93 monroe struts.:D ride is good, ride height is very good. much better than i had thought.

here is a crappy pic.
Posted Image

it took about 3 hours for me and my friend leah to do the job.. yes she helped..;) after getting all the struts on i forgot to re fill the master cylinder before bleading the rear breaks so i got the whole system screwed up... so tomarow i bleed the system all over agian. :-\

any way thanks again.

#29 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,621 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:43 PM

WOHOO!! :banana:

Good deal

nipper

0 user(s) are reading this topic