Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Skid plate for Legacy?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zyewdall

zyewdall

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,132 posts
  • Ward, CO

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:45 AM

Wondering if anyone knows if you can get a metal skid plate for a '90 legacy wagon. My friend tore the plastic one off last winter charging through drifts on her driveway (about half a mile long unplowed mountain road). Since snow's coming back soon, we figured we should put a new one on, but I'd like to get a metal one like my GL wagon has.

Oh, it would also be great if it's like $20.... Did they make any metal ones we might find in a junkyard for this car?

#2 hklaine

hklaine

ShadeTree Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Hunterdon County

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:55 AM

Doubt you'll find it at a yard OR for $20, but there was such a thing (at least in Japan) :)

-Heikki

http://cgi.ebay.com/...DME:B:ONA:US:11

#3 Storydude1

Storydude1

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • NW AZ

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:33 AM

Doubt you'll find it at a yard OR for $20, but there was such a thing (at least in Japan) :)

-Heikki

http://cgi.ebay.com/...DME:B:ONA:US:11

I would LOVE to get the specs for that......Plasma cutter, and 20 min later, BOOM, skid plate.

#4 zyewdall

zyewdall

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,132 posts
  • Ward, CO

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:41 PM

I would LOVE to get the specs for that......Plasma cutter, and 20 min later, BOOM, skid plate.

Yeah... To bad I don't own a plasma cutter yet. I'm thinking that I could take some sheet steel and small angle iron and weld one up though. Maybe not pretty, but should protect the oil pan and stuff when bashing through snowdrifts.

#5 Storydude1

Storydude1

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • NW AZ

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:15 PM

Yeah... To bad I don't own a plasma cutter yet. I'm thinking that I could take some sheet steel and small angle iron and weld one up though. Maybe not pretty, but should protect the oil pan and stuff when bashing through snowdrifts.

cutoff wheel in a 4.25" grinder works great....Just don't cut aluminum with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users