Ultimate Subaru Message Board

mtsmiths calling zapar ... can you talk to this guy?

I can't get him to talk to me 'cause he's got it in his head I can't buy his car in Washington, cause I'm in Montana.

Reply to: anon-101225691@craigslist.org

Date: 2005-10-01, 11:27AM PDT

good condition. 162k miles leather seat.automatic transmission give me a call 206-226-3318

We're coming out this Friday, and will be overnight in Anacosta, Saturday/and overnight on Shaw, then Sunday looking around Port Ludlow and Sequim. Don't know where Sunday night, then we'll drive back to Montana on Monday.

If this is a good rig I can bring this guy cash, but he won't talk. Inspection fees and commission on bargin-down cheerfuly paid!

THANX, Smitty

No problem; I'm glad you had the 'phone number; just put it into craigslist's search function and went right to the listing. I thought that was pretty clever for an old guy!:)

Forester (for my pickup chop job) .Sorry, Zap, I dunno what happened to the link, I 'thought' I put it in ... thanks Ed.

Any of you Seattle guyz can call.

No problem; I'm glad you had the 'phone number; just put it into craigslist's search function and went right to the listing. I thought that was pretty clever for an old guy!:)

Yes, that *was* clever, but let us not dwell on that 'old guy' stuff, shall we?

If anyone can find out about this car, The Pretty One and I are taking AmTrak out Thurs. night and get into Seattle (downtown station) around 11:00 am or so Friday. We'll be in town until Monday afternoon. If it's a good deal I can bring cash, put my wife back on the train and drive it home.

I'll call him today for ya. His # is a 206, so he should be pretty close to me.

Have you got a ride from the Amtrak Friday?

The long answer:

Zap, we've been trying to clue ourselves in on public regional transportation? Since we've decided to forgo thirty hours behind the wheel in favor of The Empire Builder.

We arrive at King Station at around 11:00 am (AmTrak time) this Friday, and we're *trying* to not rent a car. We are staying with family on Orcas Friday night, family on Shaw on Sat night, and meeting our daughter in Port Townsend or Port Ludlow (at the property) Sunday late morning. She will have a car, and we'll run around the peninsula Sunday, stay wherever Sunday night and she'll get us back to the station for the return trip.

Trying to meld the on-line light rail, bus and ferry termini, destinations, schedules and even town names is proving to be beyond my understanding of the area. All the sites seem to assume that users already know the area.

Or is this just hopeless and I should Call Dollar? I hate to rent a car that will sit in Anacosta for two days, when all we really need to do is connect from dntwn Seattle to Anacosta, then from Anacosta to Keystone.

Of course if this Forester is a good deal, that will solve all the whole thing.

The short answer: No!

All the sites seem to assume that users already know the area.

That's to discourage tourism. lol Once they come here, they never leave. Deception. :brow: Really is pretty simple and efficient.

No really. You DO mean Anacortes and not Anacosta, right?

As for rental cars, I wouldn't have a clue who to choose. You can also take an Amtrak to Anacortes. For cheap. Very scenic ride along the Sound in a comfy new 2 wheels per car coach. After that, a taxi (maybe a quick bus ride) to the ferry, walk on, and she could pick you up on the other side.

But should you decide to buy the car or arrange to meet him on Friday, I can probably pick you up and take you to him. If you don't buy it. . . I'll be needing my late afternoon/evening to doll up the Toy for wheeling on Saturday.

Called him, left a message with my # to call me if he's still got it. The answering machine leads me to believe it's a cell.

THANX Zapar, Yeah I meant Anacortes, I'll have to check Amtrak. Any way to get rom Anacortes to Keystone, or just 'nother cab?

Zap, no work, the Empire Builder arrives at 10:42 am, the train to BC, that goes through Mt Vernon doessn't leave 'til 5:30 pm.

We've already seen the guys that throw fish, been up the Space Needle, visited the SciFi and Rock'n'Roll museum (you know, the building that looks like someone eviscerated a giant alien and dropped the offal in the park?), and been panhandled from one end of downtown to the other.

Nothin' left for us downtown to kill six hours.

you get dem wheels brau,you comin right troo da spoki...you stop by and say howzit.....509-991-8048

We go stay da spoke plenny time bumbye, Allatime we go Spokane fo' get da airliner. Auwe dat da Scab Rocks kaukau stay maki-die-dead! Fak, I buy my wahine cah in Spokane.