Ultimate Subaru Message Board

spfi vs weber... off the line!

Martin

So while my car was being fixed, I was borrowing a friends 94 loyale with the spfi... mine is carb'd... and I love that thing because it is just so much faster off the line and the revs just have no problems climbing up to the red line or whereever. But since my car is super old and nearing the end of it's live, it's not really a fair comparison. I was wondering if a stock 4wd spfi were to drag a stock 4wd weber (well the weber isn't stock, but you get the idea), how close would it be??? who would win? by how much?

Another thing to think about is how does one drive a car? Are you shifting fast enough and or at the best rpm range?

The cars might be setup differently and one may have more power(hp and/or torque) than the other but it's really up to the driver on how fast it is.

I'm fairly confident that I could get my SPFI '90 to be faster than a similar setup weber car..... I think.

cool, that's good to know because my carb is just lagging and the craptachi carb is so slow... when i drive the spfi, it seems really fast, it's exciting knowing that the weber is even better... maybe i'll put that in sometime and forget to mention it to him... :brow:

i would rather have spfi... :eek:

no realy after having both i like the spfi better... i have never had my weber dialed in perfectly, but at WOT im not that impressed. i would rather take out my carb model, with the weber, and throw a spfi motor, with the fuel injection... maybe i just had an exceptionally well tuned spfi, but i just cant get my weber to run like my spfi did. and... wouldnt you have to rejet for altitude with a weber?

i like fuel injection, even though i dont have a subaru with it anymore:-\

Originally posted by Flowmastered87GL

Wanna come to PIR sometime and find out?? :brow:

Lets go! :burnout: We could make it an official USMB test.

BUT everything else would need to be setup similar though, tire size, gear ratios, exhaust size, etc..... all though, I'm willing to do reguardless!

Tire size for me:

175 series (technically should be 185's on there, but I got the set for $80 with like 90% tread left)

Tranny: Dual range part time 4WD 5 speed 3:90 diff ratio

Exhaust: 2.0" to cat 2.25" to muffler inlet 2.5" to atmosphere

Stock engine block, only has deleted EGR (and other vacuum crap) and an accel coil and weber 32/36 carb

:D

No drag from AC cause I dont have it :banana:

my 250 pound+ body and all the tools and crap I have in the back will weigh the car down a bit, but I guess I could take out all but the essential tools (air compressor and a small socket set)