Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4.11's, 4.44's, in a D/R 5spd. Any one?

4.11's would be FINE, just fine.

Matt-

Well.... If that price is for front & rear, then I'm thinking around $550 for a front R&P set. I could swing it in the not so distant future:brow: and convert to an R180 out back with 4.11's in it. BUT....if that price is for just the front:eek::eek::eek: I'll have to keep serching for a cheeper way to do it.

I want to put one of the Phantom Grip LSD's and 4.11's up front, and an R180 with solid stubs, welded diff. and 4.11's in the rear. That's the ideal set up IMO for what I want to do with the car.

I guess someone in Austrailia did it. There was a whole thread about 4.44 in a 5spd d/r. Now the forums are gone though :(

Not gone, just in the process of getting a new web supplier, old one went belly-up recently, so ausubaru/backyard boys should be back real soon, or so the note they have posted sez.

Hey Guys This is Jerry, please Do Not buy any thing from the back yard boys unless you want your money stolen. It happen to me about 3 years ago from the big dog Mr Brett Rogers. I had bought a set of 4.44 gears for a 5 speed dual range tranny. Well he stole my money no parts yet and yes i email him but after a while he quite answering me. Just took my money and ran, do i think he is a nice guy hell NO. Thats my dealings with him. Thanks Jerry

Hey Guys This is Jerry, please Do Not buy any thing from the back yard boys unless you want your money stolen. It happen to me about 3 years ago from the big dog Mr Brett Rogers. I had bought a set of 4.44 gears for a 5 speed dual range tranny. Well he stole my money no parts yet and yes i email him but after a while he quite answering me. Just took my money and ran, do i think he is a nice guy hell NO. Thats my dealings with him. Thanks Jerry

come on man, we all have had experience with brett, in one way or another, this site wouldn't be what it is if it weren't for brett and the BYB.

you do realize he's in australia don't you?

4.11's would be FINE, just fine.

Matt-

Well.... If that price is for front & rear, then I'm thinking around $550 for a front R&P set. I could swing it in the not so distant future:brow: and convert to an R180 out back with 4.11's in it. BUT....if that price is for just the front:eek::eek::eek: I'll have to keep serching for a cheeper way to do it.

I want to put one of the Phantom Grip LSD's and 4.11's up front, and an R180 with solid stubs, welded diff. and 4.11's in the rear. That's the ideal set up IMO for what I want to do with the car.

That price is for front and rear, not inc. shipping. I'm going to order these by the end of Oct. I'll make them fit.

Hey Guys This is Jerry, thats what i though about Brett BUT i got screwed by him no other way to put it or say it. He stole my money, if he was a good guy he would have sent the gears or sent me my money back. I also got an email from his neighbor and she didn't have any thing good to say about him and she lives next door to him. All i am saying is becarefull you might have the same thing happen to you. I don't care what anybody has to say about him, he screwed me ans thats the bottom line. Thanks Jerry

Hey Guys This is Jerry, thats what i though about Brett BUT i got screwed by him no other way to put it or say it. He stole my money, if he was a good guy he would have sent the gears or sent me my money back. I also got an email from his neighbor and she didn't have any thing good to say about him and she lives next door to him. All i am saying is becarefull you might have the same thing happen to you. I don't care what anybody has to say about him, he screwed me ans thats the bottom line. Thanks Jerry

most neighbors don't have anything nice to say. have you called him out over on their board?

That price is for front and rear, not inc. shipping. I'm going to order these by the end of Oct. I'll make them fit.

By "make them fit" I'm gessing that these are not made for the EA82 5spd D/R. What ARE they for, and how do U know U can make them work?

Still no responce over @ Auzbaru (AKA: BYB) so I'm still DESPERATLY seeking info on this.

Hey JWX This is Jerry, yes i have call him on the Aussie board i use to be able to post on that board but Mr Brett the big butt as he is band me form posting anything else. That has been over a year now. If somebody dose this to you you won't think very much of them. I have all the paper work stateing how much money he got and time and date he got it. Thanks Jerry

the terminology "off topic"/"on topic" is subjective. you don't care about his particular situation but it was in reference to a supplier of the gears you speak of so it could be useful to others. consider it a free bump, you'll need it on a custom job like this, keep the thread up there awhile.

Hey Soobme This is jerry, i would love to get a set of gears thats what i was trying for. All i am saying is becarefull you have no way to get your money back. If you are able to get a set of gears in 4.44 i am very interested in buying a set. Thanks Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
By "make them fit" I'm gessing that these are not made for the EA82 5spd D/R. What ARE they for, and how do U know U can make them work?

They tranny case doesn't have clearnce fdr them but I'm going to try and find away around that. I'm not sure it will work but it does look promising, at the worst I've torn apart a perfectly good d/r trannie and lose about $500 reselling the gears.

Almost stock gearing with 29's would rule!

Most 4.44 users are installing them in wrx's for tighter shifts AFAIK