Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Metric Fuel Consumption

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lorryb

Lorryb

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Manitoba

Posted 26 September 2003 - 02:35 PM

Up here in metricanada, we refer to mileage as MPG "miles per gallon" although our gallons are imperial so they are somewhat larger than US gallons (US gallons X 0.83 = Imp. gallons). The govt. has tried its best to make us use a metric equivilent but for a lot of us it just doesn't make sense. The official term for mileage would be litres per hundred kilometers. My 91 Legacy usually gets somwhere around 8 l/100k (which translates to 35.3 miles per Imperial gallon or 29.4 miles per US gallon.) I still end up converting to mpg to compare with other cars. (But I'm getting better!)

#2 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Members
  • 4,574 posts
  • Texas

Posted 26 September 2003 - 04:47 PM

OK - how do you refer to the odometer reading?

klicks?

"That car has low klicks for a '92."???

Carl
1 Lucky Texan

#3 Lorryb

Lorryb

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Manitoba

Posted 28 September 2003 - 02:31 PM

The odometers are of course in kilometers and I have heard people use the term "klicks" but I generally just shorten kilometers to "K". As in my 91 Legacy as two hundred and eighty thousand K on it. A lot of people won't even mention the units. If you ask what the "mileage" is they will tell you 160 thousand or some such with no mention of units. Funny thing though, nobody ever asks what the "kilometerage" is on your car.

#4 Tiny Clark

Tiny Clark

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Germany

Posted 29 September 2003 - 01:01 AM

Over here in Deutschland, we refer to gas mileage as 10L/100K, or 10 liters per 100 kilometers. which is about what I get in my Subie and Beemer (OK, a little less in the Subie, maybe 10.5/100K).

#5 applegump

applegump

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • CH

Posted 29 September 2003 - 06:00 AM

Lorryb: Wow!:eek: 8L/100km that rules :headbang: I only get 10L/100km if I'm lucky, usually 10.5L/100km with aircon and auto tranny.

#6 Flo4Legacy

Flo4Legacy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Germany

Posted 29 September 2003 - 03:09 PM

280.000 Km and still only 8l/100 km ???
You are lucky! And 280.000 km are not to bad at all.

My 2.5 GX '98 needs at least 9,5 l/100 km and about 10.5 - 11.5 l/100 km on the highway (autobahn). Ok, I have to admit that the average speed on the autobahn seldom falls under 150 km/h - more in the near of 200 km/h :brow:

#7 frag

frag

Soob shade tree mechanic

• Members
  • 1,777 posts
  • Montréal, Québec, Can.

Posted 29 September 2003 - 04:06 PM

My Brighton has 200,000 kilometers and also gets 8L per 100 kilometers when i do pure highway driving (110-130 kmph). The minute i do city driving it takes a lot more gas than that.

#8 Hodaka Rider

Hodaka Rider

Original BC Soobnut

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  • Nelson, BC (Canada)

Posted 29 September 2003 - 05:54 PM

My '83 4X wagon gets about 8.7 on the highway (100-130 KPH) with my load of tools and other gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users