Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well I am about to take my car in b/c it has several problems, the first being that the ABS system is leaking brake fluid, so I have ordered a used unit from a junkyard rather than pay $1085.00 for the part at subaru. Also the water pump seems to be making noise, sounds like I have a gurgling engine, so I am assuming that previous owner never changed it. So now I am trying to search for online sites that sell genuine SUbaru parts. I basically need a water pump, timingbelt and alternator belt, and anything else that you guys on here mught suggest.

But when I do a search for my 1996 Subaru Legacy LSI wagon, I keep getting different water pump models it seems? I dont want to risk buying the wrong one, I cant afford the loss in time involved. So if anyone can direct me to the correct water pump and a good subaru site I would greatly appreciate it. And lastly is there any danger for me to keep driving the car with a messed up waterpump in the meantime?

Look for the water pump that is aplicable to the engine, 2.2 or 2.5 then you should have no problems, and once you have the belts off its also a good time to reseal the oil pump, and replace the front main and cam seals, along with the water pump as you have planned.