Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have 93 legacy and for some reason the front wipers keep hitting the side and i have adjusted it to go right under the hood, lol. any answers and if u dont know wat i mean by wipers hit the side i mean like u know when it moves too the left and hits the outer edge of the glass. If u need further info ask> thx!

SOunds like the bushings in the arms may be worn. A w/w is a simple crank mechanisim. Are the proper blades and arms on the car? With the wipers on shut the car off so they are out of the park postion, and see if there is any play in the wipers. There should be none.

nipper

well a quick look at the hayes manual, your in luck.its accesable. usually its a PITA to get to on some cars. The book says remove the wiper arms.to pry off the front defroster grill and remove the two bolts underneath it. Then you carefully pry off the front cowl (there are plastic clips that hold it on so be nice to it).

From there it seems self explanitory. I have never done this so i dont know how easy it is.

nipper

be sure drivers side is 18inch and passanger side is 20 inch. ed
Incorrect. Factory sizes are 21 and 19. Thus, auto parts stores will list a 20" and an 18" for winter blades. I run 22 and 19 summer, 22 and 18 winter, with no issues. No float, no collisions, just extra visibility. :-)

In the rear, only a 15" will fit under the wiper arm, though a 16" would fit on the window.