Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Alternator voltage in my 92 loyale

well does it run like crap when its at 17 volts? if not, I wouldnt worry about it. If everything runs fine, your gauge might be messed up. Easy way to test it is get a voltmeter and put it on the charge wire comin off the alt. single wire with the ring on it I believe. hopefully somone will jump in to confirm

If it does start dogging down u need a new voltage regulator (alternator) because they are internal regulators

Penny - Funny you should post this! I have been watching the voltmeter on my 92 Loyale as the same thing is happening to me!

On a 500 or so mile round trip last week I noticed my voltage getting up that high also. I wasn't sure it was a new occurence but believe it used to run around 15 or so.

Penny - Funny you should post this! I have been watching the voltmeter on my 92 Loyale as the same thing is happening to me!

On a 500 or so mile round trip last week I noticed my voltage getting up that high also. I wasn't sure it was a new occurence but believe it used to run around 15 or so.

Even 15 is high on the gauge. Mine...when it was running (currently has another crappy alternator) would be just about 12.5 volts.

Well I've already replaced the battery and put 2 new head lights in because of this problem....so off to the store to get a new alternator.....at the rate I'm going with repairs I'm going to have a brand new car by the end of the week...lol. as usual, thanks for all your help guys!!