Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Allied Armament Christmas Group buy Notification

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#26 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:02 PM

Shady,

got any pics of the ea81 bumpers?something like this would be cool:
http://usmb.net/gall...umber_over_head
http://usmb.net/gall...o28/GD_s_bumper

the ea81 lifts fit brats too right?i don`t have a wagon anymore to compare.

Jon

#27 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:15 PM

Well we've got hold of a tube bender and I think we can produce some real nice bumpers for inexpensive (its the shipping that kills you). As for unitizing the skid plate into the bumper, that is a concept we have talked about because it would be considerably stronger than just mounting to your old mount points (albie the shop tech wants to go this route. But, deep down in my hand I know that not everyone is going to cough up enough coin to buy both products at once). We did build a bumper similar to the one pictured there, look below its on A dog's Subaru. I made a commitment to A dog that because he designed it that if we sold more that we would give him comission, well we haven't sold any, and I think it really got A Dogs hopes of becoming rich when he tried to advertise it on the AU subaru board and he just got slashed by the Australians. Those crazy blokes there just so funny :-\ . Anyways, I know there are a ton of people with our lift and BYB lifts so we'll make the skid for the replacement and maybe later build one that attaches to the bumper.

Posted Image

#28 singletrack

singletrack

EA Abuser

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Palisade, Colorado

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:23 PM

I'd need to see the skid plate, but I'm very interested.

#29 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:39 PM

the front looks pretty cool, i might go in for one of them and a lift, but let me sleep on it.

how about the rear bumper, any pics?

a rear like this would also be cool:brow:
http://www.ultimates...&cat=500&page=1

#30 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:43 PM

Here is a current one that we manufacture, we need to beef it up a little but we use the straight tube design, one because it is cheaper, two it matches the vehicle and three it is designed to be fitted with our swing gate. The new ones are going to have lips on the edge so there will be no gaps between the body and the bumper (price will go up though).
Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:51 PM

before i impulse buy, do you know if these ea81 lifts would fit an 85 brat?i haven`t had a wagon to compare to in a while.

#32 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:54 PM

It will fit the brat.

before i impulse buy, do you know if these ea81 lifts would fit an 85 brat?i haven`t had a wagon to compare to in a while.

#33 Island Roo

Island Roo

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Quadra Island

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:56 AM

still want to know how much, i ordered today,ea82 4" kit, he gave me a good price but if the xmas prices are less id like to know, will you be posting them up? thanks

#34 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,966 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:22 AM

do you have a pic of the swing gate with a tire on it? where do you mount the lisence plate??

#35 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:52 AM

The christmas prices will most likely not be less than what anyone paid in the group buy, and the reason is because I am putting 20 k on the line to build a bunch of subaru products that will be completed and ready to ship. In the group buy we received your money and it inspired us to build like a bunch of chimps on coke. I don't know if that made sense...

still want to know how much, i ordered today,ea82 4" kit, he gave me a good price but if the xmas prices are less id like to know, will you be posting them up? thanks

#36 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:54 AM

I can take one of the tire on the swing gate this weekend and post it. As for the license plate ahhhhhhhhh errrrrrrr. Your just going to have to mount it on the bumper or wherever is appropriate.

do you have a pic of the swing gate with a tire on it? where do you mount the lisence plate??

#37 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,358 posts
  • WV

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:54 PM

shady,
this time around i'd like to aim for a november buy of the lift kit, i have no lift experience at all. what will i need to address to install on an XT6 (or an XT if you don't know the XT6)? just a steering extension, is that it?

i have pulled motors, transmissions, resealed motors, have a welder and air compressor.....can i pull this off on an XT6?

thanks,
gary

#38 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:47 PM

I think in this case we can give you ginnea pig status!!! I have not lifted a XT6 yet with one of our lifts, but from what I know it should be similar to the EA82. I saw one lifted wcss7 and I think it was Qman, he would know if a EA82 lift would fit. I have brought this up on several occassions and have not heard anyone reply on the subject.

JM

#39 BlindSight

BlindSight

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Denton

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:52 PM

I know you sell your wheels in a set of 4, but what about a spare? always nice to have a full size spare bolted to the back on one of your swing gates or on top of the roof rack.

#40 operose

operose

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Potsdam

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:25 PM

FWIW I don't think Qman is using any body lift at all

#41 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:52 PM

Really, That would be crazy that rig looked pretty beefy.

FWIW I don't think Qman is using any body lift at all

#42 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:54 PM

Yes we do sell spares a few members on the board have done so. Kingbobdole and madmountain monk. The cost for an extra is (cost for set)/4 x 1 or just simply (cost for set)/4= cost for one.

I know you sell your wheels in a set of 4, but what about a spare? always nice to have a full size spare bolted to the back on one of your swing gates or on top of the roof rack.

#43 operose

operose

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Potsdam

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:30 PM

Really, That would be crazy that rig looked pretty beefy.

yeah that's what I thought... I'll be setting mine up that way for winter hopefully

<edit> sorry for hijack just thought it was useful info </edit>

#44 Harvester

Harvester

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Utah Valley

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:44 PM

I'll be waiting when you post the prices, I'm looking to buy an EA81 lift for my 84 Brat.
-Harv

#45 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,358 posts
  • WV

Posted 14 October 2005 - 05:30 AM

the 3" lift for EA82 (used on an XT6) won't be available for this deal?
just the 4"?

#46 offroadsubaruguy

offroadsubaruguy

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 720 posts
  • arvada, colorado

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:10 AM

i am definately interested in a ej to ea adapter plate. esspecially since i will be moving in the next few months and dont want to drag my parts car with me.... so, for me the sooner the better......

#47 BlindSight

BlindSight

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Denton

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:42 PM

am really interested in almost everything but prices are a big issue, have had a credit card for over a year and havn't used it yet, so am seeing a good excuse to start making some payments.

#48 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:40 PM

Just to let everyone know we have been spending this whole weekend building and designing an EA to EJ adapter. It may be product that we are going to offer so keep tuned in and I will give updates on the progress. :brow:

#49 EYE_WHY

EYE_WHY

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Bangor

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:59 PM

the 3" lift for EA82 (used on an XT6) won't be available for this deal?
just the 4"?

I was wondering that too. If I remember correctly, 4" lift takes a little while 3" is just bolt on? Is it true that just the 4" is going to be included in the bargain Shady?

#50 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:34 PM

4x3 4x4 inch are all the same now no fabrication they are all just bolt on lift kits. We don't make 3" inch lift kits, well cause... Their weak sauce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users