Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm partial to the Firestone shop in Kirkland (just off 124th next to the Jack in the Box). Dan is the manager and I have four cars currently with "lifetime" alignment contracts. First one is pricey at $140, but the rest are free as long as I own the car. Since I usually run 150K or more, I'll get 10 to 15 alignments on each contract. I graciously decline his offer for tires and service since I'm not partial to their tires and I do most of my own work; when I don't I usually take it to Smart Service. Dan understands my preferences and doesn't push it other than to offer it.

Does Les Schwab do a good alignment job? I love them for buying tires. If not, where would you recommend in the Seattle area? I work in Kirkland, about a mile from a Les Schwab.

I'm partial to the Firestone shop in Kirkland (just off 124th next to the Jack in the Box). Dan is the manager and I have four cars currently with "lifetime" alignment contracts. First one is pricey at $140, but the rest are free as long as I own the car. Since I usually run 150K or more, I'll get 10 to 15 alignments on each contract. I graciously decline his offer for tires and service since I'm not partial to their tires and I do most of my own work; when I don't I usually take it to Smart Service. Dan understands my preferences and doesn't push it other than to offer it.

The firestone shop is closer to my office...the business park west of the freeway behind Olive Garden, but I've had such great experiences with Les Schwab, I was hoping to hear a yay or nay on their alignments.

Took my girlfriend's car into Smart Service and was very impressed with them. If I need something that I can't or don't feel like doing, I will take it there.

But I still need to know what folks think of the Les Schwag alignment. I guess it depends on whether or not the Impreza is particularly tough to to do a good alignement on.

Also, should I have give a little extra toe in? Any modifications from specs?