Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fuel Pump Q

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 waimaks

waimaks

Hey Boe!

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • NZ

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:39 AM

Now the Fuel pump is down in the left front corner of the deck in my Brat isn't it('81)? When you turn the ignition on you can hear it ticking away like it should, but it seems to be going flat out the whole time, is this normal? I thought it would just pump as its needed, but not when the car is stopped. This would probably add to bad fuel mileage too if it were a problem. Is it?
JohnB

#2 waimaks

waimaks

Hey Boe!

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • NZ

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:42 AM

Bump?

#3 Ross

Ross

Can't be bothered

• Members
  • 1,865 posts
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:48 AM

Hmm, the fuel pump in my '79 wagon (same body style) is on the passengers side of the firewall, but the brat may be different.
It should tick away quickly at first, but slow down to perhaps one tick every 5-10 seconds if the engine isn't started.
It shouldn't affect your mileage, but if its ticking fast all teh time you should probably check for leaks in your lines, or perhaps try another pump.

#4 waimaks

waimaks

Hey Boe!

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • NZ

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:43 AM

Ok, thanks, and I meant right side:-p . It seems to keep pumping at a fairly constant speed all the time, instead of slowing up once its built up pressure, I havn't noticed any leaks etc anywhere, no drips anyway. Thanks for that though, was just wondering what the case was, whether or not it was supposed to pump constantly.
JohnB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users