Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

gas tank for 81 wagon,where to buy?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cyclops boy

cyclops boy

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • everywhere right now

Posted 27 September 2003 - 12:23 PM

i need a tank for my 81 wagon , send me in the right direction..thax

#2 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,941 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 28 September 2003 - 03:05 AM

Pull yours and have it sealed or get a junkyard one. Post a WTB post in the Subaru Marketplace.

#3 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 28 September 2003 - 04:33 AM

Yeah - or find a Junk yard that doesn't punch holes in them. Don't know where your from, but some yards do, and others don't. A new tank is over $300. Get yours welded, or get a used one.

GD

#4 Skip

Skip

Flatuous Blather

• 8,991 posts
  • Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 28 September 2003 - 08:39 AM

My Brat "Brat Patrol" has internal rust flakes that plug up the pick up tube.
A Harley rider friend speaks of a gas tank sealer they use on old shovels tanks and such
First an acid "etching" solution is added, then the sealer is put in - sloshed about, the excess poured out and then let it dry.

Has anyone ever heard of this treatment?
A quick Goggle search turned up one of my favorite companies
POR 15
Think I may try this
http://www.rags2rich...aq_gastank.html
This is feasible for our applications (all boneyard tanks in my area look toast and 300 GW's is not in the cards
Maybe I should post a new thread?

#5 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 4,035 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 28 September 2003 - 03:24 PM

http://www.rustrepai...htm?p=sm-subaru They list 2 tanks there. P/N 360-85-110 w/o FI $138.98, and P/N 360-85-111 W/ FI $149.47 plus S&H charges. Site says they are for 80-94 Sedan/wagon..............

#6 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 28 September 2003 - 03:44 PM

Yes - but if you look at the year column for both those parts, it says "85-87" and "85-89". I'm betting both of those are EA82 tanks. Won't work for his application.

GD

#7 cyclops boy

cyclops boy

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • everywhere right now

Posted 01 October 2003 - 12:29 AM

sry took so long too reply, anyway gonna use muric acid to etch it then seal it with the stuff i found a while ago at a motorcycle shop ive done it with bike tanks and it worked,i just drove out to phoenix from connecticut and half way here my fuel system stoped agreeing with me! car was sitting in ct since 96 got it for 100$ little wrenchin and i was on my way only 91000 miles on it im siked!glad i found you guys this is a great web site,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users