Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

LOLO PASS Cruise! Sun Oct.16

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

Attack of the madaxeman..

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 15 October 2005 - 06:02 AM

Sorry for the short notice ! Fun twisties! Some gravel.Maybe some snow!

Meet @ Sandy Safeway 9am(near Jiffy Lube hwy 26E) leave 9:30am
Lunch @ Elusive Trout(Sandy)

#2 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:35 AM

:-P

my parents live in welches. If was back at home I would go along for sure :(

#3 SuBrat84

SuBrat84

What's REALLY going on???

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 15 October 2005 - 02:06 PM

If I wasn't in TUCSON I'd definately go. One of the few things I actually enjoy about the NW is Mt. Hood :cool:

#4 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:00 AM

I just installed a set of Borlas so, I have to test them out!!! WOOT!!! Ready to rumble!!!

#5 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:08 AM

It was awesome! I cruised up through some low fog near the powerlines and then over the pass to sun!!! I headed off to fs rd 1811(cathedral ridge trailhead for some more gravel twisties! I was treated to a kewl view of the top of Hood !

I then made some donuts(with my subie)then proceeded over to Parkdale and up Cooper spur rd to Cloud cap for a picnic lunch and great views! The fall folliage was really kewl! I made my way back to hwy 35 and over to hwy 26 back home . On the way through Gresham near Fairview I spotted an '06 STI (blue ) I like the new front end of those cars!

200miles later I made it home , It was a good test day for my new Borlas! WOT!
I will post pics soon!

#6 KStretch55

KStretch55

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Boise County

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:56 PM

You guys must be talking about a different Lolo Pass. I know of the one between Montana and Idaho, where Lewis and Clark crossed the Bitterroot range. Where is the one you are talking about? Sounds like around Portland somewhere.

#7 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 17 October 2005 - 02:30 PM

This Lolo-pass goes between Zigzag (yes, a real name of a town :-)) and Hood River eventually. Zigzag is about 20 miles east of Sandy.

Here is the start of lolo pass Rd, listed on here as NF-18

http://maps.google.c...,0.083251&hl=en

#8 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:23 AM

pics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 SuBrat84

SuBrat84

What's REALLY going on???

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:30 AM

I definately gotta do that next time I'm in Oregon!! Did you guys go all the way or did you go so far and turn around? That's definately a "no snow" kind of road, eh? As in: they don't plow and you'd probably die trying to drive across a mountain with that much snow on it?

#10 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 23 October 2005 - 12:52 AM

I definately gotta do that next time I'm in Oregon!! Did you guys go all the way or did you go so far and turn around? That's definately a "no snow" kind of road, eh? As in: they don't plow and you'd probably die trying to drive across a mountain with that much snow on it?

You can get some early season fun in the snow but soon after they close the gates!!! ARRGH!!!

Although in May they opened and I found some snow and got stuck bigtime ....dug out after three hours of digging a trench .......wet snow ontop of frozen pack ice! I damn near slid completely off the road down a ravine!!Like a ********************* ....I left the chains at home!! The low fuel light came on .......it was raining .....Let's just say I had too much fun there , but it was worth it !!! I'm gettin' a winch!! I was just out testing my new AT tires!.....they worked great until I hit the pack ice!

Yeah , I went as far as I could without skidplates! I have to modify for the header! It's really ugly lots of boulders! here's a pic of a hillclimb!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,110 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 23 October 2005 - 12:59 AM

Your car looks so naked underneath... you need a BIG ol skidplate to complement the mudrat bumper :cool:

#12 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 23 October 2005 - 02:44 AM

Your car looks so naked underneath... you need a BIG ol skidplate to complement the mudrat bumper :cool:

Got one (Primitive) just need to cut and weld for the header clearance!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users