Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LOLO PASS Cruise! Sun Oct.16

It was awesome! I cruised up through some low fog near the powerlines and then over the pass to sun!!! I headed off to fs rd 1811(cathedral ridge trailhead for some more gravel twisties! I was treated to a kewl view of the top of Hood !

I then made some donuts(with my subie)then proceeded over to Parkdale and up Cooper spur rd to Cloud cap for a picnic lunch and great views! The fall folliage was really kewl! I made my way back to hwy 35 and over to hwy 26 back home . On the way through Gresham near Fairview I spotted an '06 STI (blue ) I like the new front end of those cars!

200miles later I made it home , It was a good test day for my new Borlas! WOT!

I will post pics soon!

I definately gotta do that next time I'm in Oregon!! Did you guys go all the way or did you go so far and turn around? That's definately a "no snow" kind of road, eh? As in: they don't plow and you'd probably die trying to drive across a mountain with that much snow on it?

I definately gotta do that next time I'm in Oregon!! Did you guys go all the way or did you go so far and turn around? That's definately a "no snow" kind of road, eh? As in: they don't plow and you'd probably die trying to drive across a mountain with that much snow on it?

You can get some early season fun in the snow but soon after they close the gates!!! ARRGH!!!

Although in May they opened and I found some snow and got stuck bigtime ....dug out after three hours of digging a trench .......wet snow ontop of frozen pack ice! I damn near slid completely off the road down a ravine!!Like a ********************* ....I left the chains at home!! The low fuel light came on .......it was raining .....Let's just say I had too much fun there , but it was worth it !!! I'm gettin' a winch!! I was just out testing my new AT tires!.....they worked great until I hit the pack ice!

Yeah , I went as far as I could without skidplates! I have to modify for the header! It's really ugly lots of boulders! here's a pic of a hillclimb!

climb.jpg

slideways.jpg