Ultimate Subaru Message Board

electrical issues on my 81 hatch

harpua

Ok, so i am having some problems with the electrical system in my hatch. I guess i will start by naming all of the problems, and hopefully there is a similar issue that is making things not work.

First and fore most the headlights and "cyclops light" won't turn on. The parking lights and blinkers on the other hand will. When i turn on the headlights i can hear the sylinoid click.

Next, the blower fan won't turn on.

The dash gages are messed up as well. The oil pressure gauge doesn't work, the gas gage doesn't work, and the voltmeter doesn't work. The Temp gauge does work, as well as the speedomoter, and the tac. The tac does stick a little, but i don't think that this problem is connected to my other issues.

There are no blown fuses. I have checked and double checked this.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this......

donny tyler

When I read your message I thought I hope someone answers this guy because I am having the same problems. Today I figured out my problem. When I bought My car there was a SPST relay hanging by the fuse box. Badly done connections and a uninsulated relay told me this was not a stock setup . It was so badly done I figured that it didnt work and since my cyclops didnt work thats what I thought the relay operated. Well I was wrong my fuel pump, heater fan and head lights quit working. that rel ay energizes when the key turns on the relay is suppose to energize.and all these I beleive it is called the power relay. roosofallevil :moon: