Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Calling John Bloom (again)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, your about a 10 minute walk, ok, well 15 minutes by car, but you are probably about 5 minutes from "my" dealership. Hodges subaru, best dealer in Michigan.

I'll let you know, pulling an engine is easy alone, but putting it in, its nice to have an extra set of eyes.

Let me know if you need an extra hand. I may not be good with mechanical stuff, but I'm a fast learner.

if you're around on weekends i can wait, but i'm still waiting for the adapter plate.

i didn't mean for that to rhyme, so i won't waste any more time

the plate was made by one John Bloom, i hope to God it gets here soon.

sorry just felt a little creative there.

what needs to be done to the car besides the ej conversion?Dan

Thats the only thing that i need to do to get it running. if it comes down to it, i may be able to swap in the EJ tranny and rear diff. with some fabbing it won't be too bad, i hope.

has anyone ever gotten anything on time, or at all, from that guy?

To be fair to John, in my case, i called him about the adapter plate in August 2004. In September, i told him to hold off on mine, as i didn't have the engine for the swap. It wasn't until June 2005 that i told him i had the engine and needed the plate. We agreed that he would bring it to the WCSS7, which didn't happen. About 2 weeks ago i called him, and he said that he just needed my address to ship it, and that it was ready to go.

I'm still waiting on a package or tracking number.

oh man! i hate it when the city tells ya stuff like that :(

if it needs to move under its own power, can you just throw a carbed EA engine in it for temporary? (easy hook ups) just a thought.....

cant wait to see it end up like waterwagon, only bettter right? (no rat nest of wires? :o )

and this trip to seattle.. will this be a visit, or a perminant trip?

I could put the EA-81 in again, but that engine has given me no love, so i'd like to avoid that eventuality.

as far as a "trip" to seattle

I may not be able to make it to WCSS8, but if i'm not there i still want one of the stable there. So, if the adapter plate gets here, i may drive out the 88 wagon in the spring and leave it with Rolloverbratboy, so he can bring it to the show in my absence.

However, after the summer, i will be in Seattle permanent style.

Hey Noah. I drilled and tapped all 4 of my adapter's top holes tonight. I have to buy 1 more helicoil as well as some red Loctite, and that way I can install all of it before work, and it's ready to ship. Let me know.

I can overnight it via postal for $40 (i checked a zip code in detroit) or send it 2-day priority for about $18 but then you wouldn't get it until Friday. does your deadline still apply?

is there anyone that can knock on John's door and mail Noah's adapter?

make one. with the resources from the board it'll probably only take an hour or two?

i'm sure i could make one easy enough, but i already put the money down, over a year ago. if i got my money back i could make it myself.