Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4X Cabin trip Oct 29/30 *Sorry, gotta cancel, personal reasons. . . *

Won't be there, but it must be a nice place, we sure liked the area when we were out last week. Counter offer has been accepted on the Port Liudlow property (not suitable for wheeling, however). Guess we'll be part time neighbors, the property is in the Chimacum school district.

We booked an el cheapo rental from Dollar and they ended up giving us an Avalon, There was a whole fleet of new Outbacks, but I couldn't talk 'em into one ... maybe next time.

We were running around like crazy contacting long-lost family scattered all over ... an ex brother-in-law (brother-out law?) in Orcas, an aunt and cousins on Shaw, a niece on Whidby ... meeting my daughter at SEA. All that and learning ferries too! Once the kids get moved in we can just take the train to Edmond and have them pick us up at Kingston. The property is about two or three miles south of the golf course/resort and backes up to a big chunk of state land on a gravel road that connects the highway to a lake park (can't remember the name).

We did real well on navigating and never missed (or waited longer than ten minutes) for a ferry. Even managed some museum/aquarium time and shopping/lunch at Pikes Market.

Oh, know a good roofer? If we can't get the house reroofed by 12/05 we will have to pay for it ourselves, 'cause we won't be able to put it into the 1031 exchange. Big old A-frame. I want to punch in dormers to open up the loft and add some space.

I'm gonna head out to my Father's cabin in Chimacum. Anybody who wants to follow me or join up is welcome. It's about 20 minutes South of Port Townsend, a 23 mile drive from the Kinston Ferry.

EZ

whats your estimated time to be on road, maybe ferry landing time and plan for Saturday, my wife has a cousen that lives out there ( at Port townson) "Swiss Lavender Farm " or something

I like to catch the 9:00 ferry, I usually get there just after 10:00.

I think Dustyrider is gonna make the trip, you guys could caravan. he's got my #.

With any luck, we'll have Ken's Brat up and ready by then too. Tex and Nomica? I kepp trying to get a hold of Svengouli, but he's dropped off the face of the planet. . . :-\

Cabin sleeps 10+.

i might be able to make it out there in the evening. i'll be in gig harbor on saturday, visiting my dad. that shouldn't be too far away. guess it depends on the time. if not i'm sure i'll try to swing by and say hi while i'm in town.

Jared, if your going to be in GH, you better stop by Ken and my place on your way up north. You can take a look at my new rig and see some of Qmans toys :brow:

i might be able to make it out there in the evening. i'll be in gig harbor on saturday, visiting my dad. that shouldn't be too far away. guess it depends on the time. if not i'm sure i'll try to swing by and say hi while i'm in town.

Bichin! I sold that other Toy to my buddy Marty. We're gonna pull it into the garage tomorrow to get to work on pulling the tranny to change out the throwout bearing. Needs a little carb work and timing stuff. Hopefully it'll be up and running so he can bring it out too. 5 inch lift and 35s.

My buddy Brian's gonna bring his FJ,

142bpuddle.jpg

my buddy Delian says he'll show in his 86 Forerunner. Toy city, good lord.

That's 4. If my neighbor gets his little toy 4X van a tranny by then, it'll be 5. :eek:

Come on Soobs, outnumber us! lol

Hmm, tempting to make the trip. I wonder how the passes are?

From Michigan? Well, the passes are wide open, but whaddyou care, you're driving a Subaru aren't you?

Well, if you're THAT gung-ho, we'll put you up in Whitefish for a night each way (well, the return trip stay depends on your behavior on the outbound stay).

Highway 2 is a good road from MI to Spokane, then hit I-90 for the bridge to the peninsula.

pm me if you're interested ... hell, we put up with Miles Foxx and the manic film crew, we can handle anything now!

I think you'd find Noah just barely different than Miles and Crew. lol

Hey I resemble that.

It boils down to this, i should hear about a job offer on monday, and if they are ok with me taking 2 weeks to get settled, hmm, i might be able to make it.

then the question becomes, which car? the 1980 or the 1996? one is clearly better off road, and one is theoretically more "road worthy" based only on age. ahhh, this better promote me to "CIC of the Road trips" I'll see if I can bring Austin out too.

There's a guy out there in MN that really wants my old rear seats from my hatch. Make him throw in some $ for gas, you guys can bring 'em back to him.

Which guy would this be?

Tex, you think your RX would make it back to Michigan? I know a Subie service writer here that wants an RX

... which car? the 1980 or the 1996? one is clearly better off road, and one is theoretically more "road worthy" based only on age ...

Noah, somewhere rattling around in the basements are my posts about jumping in my winter camo 87GL and driving straight through from Whitefish, MT to Baltimore, MD in 54 hours. Only used one qt of oil too. Then I went bashing around in the Pine Barrens with moosens and the east coast gang ... does that count?

That said, the Cannonball run I made back to home when I bought my '95 Leg in Chicago was a LOT more comfortable!

OH, add on - we got beds for two folks who aren't bunk buddies.

Noah, somewhere rattling around in the basements are my posts about jumping in my winter camo 87GL and driving straight through from Whitefish, MT to Baltimore, MD in 54 hours. Only used one qt of oil too. Then I went bashing around in the Pine Barrens with moosens and the east coast gang ... does that count?

That said, the Cannonball run I made back to home when I bought my '95 Leg in Chicago was a LOT more comfortable!

OH, add on - we got beds for two folks who aren't bunk buddies.

I worry about the trip, every other trip i've made ive broken a timing belt, granted that was with an EA-82. but the good news about that is, it wouldn't happen until the trip back, and i'd be in montana :lol: