Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Might be getting a 73 splitgate!!for free

there is a guy in CA that offered me a free 73 splitgate:banana: he is going to be donating it soon, so if i can`t afford shipping, i will post his email addy if anybody wants it.it doesn`t sound too bad.at first he thought it was a 78, but then he realized from the title its a 73.the cheapest shipping i have found is

$700, so i will have to shop around a bit.

jon

there is a guy in CA that offered me a free 73 splitgate:banana: he is going to be donating it soon, so if i can`t afford shipping, i will post his email addy if anybody wants it.it doesn`t sound too bad.at first he thought it was a 78, but then he realized from the title its a 73.the cheapest shipping i have found is

$700, so i will have to shop around a bit.

jon

Wow, that is a rare find... hope you get it, I know you've been looking for an older Sube for a while to fix up!

i guess the guy was wrong, it is a 78 as i originally thought.here are the pics he sent.if you are in the L.A. area, you can`t beat this, i REALLY wish i was closer, but shipping is just to much for me right now.if you would like the guys contact info, pm or email me.damn the west coast:lol:

nice alloys too:brow: whoever gets it must promise to post better pics so i can see what i missed.

i guess the guy was wrong, it is a 78 as i originally thought.here are the pics he sent.if you are in the L.A. area, you can`t beat this, i REALLY wish i was closer, but shipping is just to much for me right now.if you would like the guys contact info, pm or email me.damn the west coast:lol:

nice alloys too:brow: whoever gets it must promise to post better pics so i can see what i missed.

Its fubared up! :( That sucks. Nice color though. I wonder what the interior is like. (Im not even remotely near LA)

Man, every AWD wagon I see with the rear bumper like that is bent... Havent seen a straight one yet.

Its fubared up! :( That sucks. Nice color though. I wonder what the interior is like. (Im not even remotely near LA)

Man, every AWD wagon I see with the rear bumper like that is bent... Havent seen a straight one yet.

Barring the smashed door, this looks, at least at a glance, to be in about the same condition as Freebiemobile. Did he say if it runs/ran?

If so, this thing could be a very sweet project...

Well I talked to the guy. He said it only runs for a few seconds and dies. Said it is a 4wd 4spd car. It only has body damge to the door, obviously and the hood. He still thinks it is a 73 though. Probably cost me like $200 in gas just to go get it with my truck. Still, that is not all that bad. I would have the only 78 Subie wagon around. That is for sure. What do you guys think? My only real problem would be finding a door for it. There are no old subies like that in my local junkyards.

Sorry Boys it me the guy from Los Angeles, I toll the wife about giving the Subaru away and she said, you guessed it NO WAY! Sorry again, but the pink slips says 73 suba I’ll have to check the Vehicle ID number for proper ID but than It could be a 78 I scan the pink slip see if you guys fine something on the pink…..sorry again…BigSergsubado.jpg

Hey BigSerg, would you consider selling the wagon?just asking for subieguy:)

subieguy, its a shame this wasn`t about a month ago (if you were looking for a gen 1)before i found my brat.i had about 10 gen 1 wagons scoped out on the west side, mostly around $4-600.i`ll keep a look out for ya, but if i find one on the east side, i will have to buy it.