Well I finally finished the project that I started 6 months ago. I just kept getting distracted. I had lower door panels that had already been cut previously for 6 x 9's. My original panels were pristine and I didn't want to cut them so I used the already cut ones. My problem was covering up the old drill holes and having a backing panel for the new 6's. I found a plastic place near my house and picked up a pile of misc Acrylic, PVC and ABS sheet. It was $1.50 by the pound, so I picked up a variety of types and colors for future projects. For the Brat I used a mirror blue acrylic that matched the interior - TOTALLY 70'S !!
The face plate took some time to gently shave and sand to perfect fit, but it goes snug against the clock. Everything fits nicely and the clock even works still. All I have right now is the deck and 6's in the doors but I will add the rear speakers, CD changer and speakers in the bed later....
Check it out..