Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stereo install gen 1 Brat (Pics)

Syrinx

Well I finally finished the project that I started 6 months ago. I just kept getting distracted. I had lower door panels that had already been cut previously for 6 x 9's. My original panels were pristine and I didn't want to cut them so I used the already cut ones. My problem was covering up the old drill holes and having a backing panel for the new 6's. I found a plastic place near my house and picked up a pile of misc Acrylic, PVC and ABS sheet. It was $1.50 by the pound, so I picked up a variety of types and colors for future projects. For the Brat I used a mirror blue acrylic that matched the interior - TOTALLY 70'S !!

The face plate took some time to gently shave and sand to perfect fit, but it goes snug against the clock. Everything fits nicely and the clock even works still. All I have right now is the deck and 6's in the doors but I will add the rear speakers, CD changer and speakers in the bed later....

Check it out..

Kurt

post-176-136027585133_thumb.jpg

a pair of 120 watt rms RFT home theatre cabinets, higher quality speakers in the doors, and a 52x4 watt xplod is all I'm putting in mine. I like rock and stuff, no rap, so I don't "need" huge subs. The 8" subs in the cabinets are enough to make your stomach rattle inside the car. I just gotta figure out how to mount the cabinets inside, and how to fit the stereo in that stupid shallow hole.