Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Way to bring back the stick

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Slegacy96

Slegacy96

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • West Chester

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:46 AM

Thank you Subaru for bringing back the stick. I noticed that Subaru only offers automatic transmission on Limited WRX's now. I think its great in a country that is becoming dominated by autos to mass produce cars with manual transmission. Hopefully it will catch on. After walking around my local dealer I noticed that 1) they had a ton of Legacys 2) most were stick. That is fantastic.

#2 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:54 AM

Unfortunately, everything I have seen/read says the Legacy GTs are all autos:(

Have yet to see a single manual 05+ Turbo GT

#3 Slegacy96

Slegacy96

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • West Chester

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:06 AM

Thats odd. Ive been seein them since they came out. They come with the short throw shifter standard I believe.

#4 jamal

jamal

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:06 AM

Manual LGTs exist. I've seen quite a few. And sat in one.

#5 Zephyr

Zephyr

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Kansas City, Kansas USA

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:32 AM

How's the response time of the shift buttons in the AT Legacy GT?

I know the "manual" shifting in my AT 2.5 Legacy is horribly slow. It's better suited for gear selection on hills rather than performance handling.

#6 RallyKeith

RallyKeith

Got Subaru(s)?

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • Reading, Pa

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:44 AM

Lots of Manuals out there in the '05 Leg GT.

Subaru has historically been retarded in offering new engines with only automatics. The early 83-84 GL turbos only came in automatic. The SVX in automatic. The first impreza with AWD I think only came in automatic. They learned their lesson on that and with the intro of the WRX and now the Leg GT they offered them in both

Also, the '05 Leg GT I drove with the auto and sport shift was ok. The gear shifts took about 1-2 seconds. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it is called a Sport Shift Automatic, and not a racing paddle shift manual. It is what I expected, and for occasional sporty driving I think it is fine.

Cheers!

#7 drewd

drewd

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Freehold

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:49 AM

anybody know why the H-6 wasn't built with a manual? :(

#8 zyewdall

zyewdall

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,132 posts
  • Ward, CO

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:31 PM

Bad demographics. The H6 is targeting the crowd who wants a powerful plush SUV, not a little zippy awd wagon. This same consumer demographic tends to prefer automatics.

A friend of mine bought a new OBW a year or two ago -- the salesman tried to explain to her that she wanted an automatic so she could apply her makeup while driving. She got the manual. And apparently the salesman is still alive...

#9 RallyKeith

RallyKeith

Got Subaru(s)?

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • Reading, Pa

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:09 PM

See my post. Same thing. Subura seems to be silly that way. It's just their thing. I'm 90% certain that in 96 when they introduced the 2.5 in the Legacy you could only get it in an automatic as well.

#10 Gnuman

Gnuman

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,399 posts
  • Richmond, CA

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:12 PM

A friend of mine bought a new OBW a year or two ago -- the salesman tried to explain to her that she wanted an automatic so she could apply her makeup while driving. She got the manual. And apparently the salesman is still alive...

The salesman is still alive only because I was not with your friend when she went to buy a car. I certainly hope he is unemployed, though. . .

#11 Hocrest

Hocrest

Function becomes Fun

• Members
  • 1,344 posts
  • Cressona/Pittston

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:36 PM

Unfortunately, everything I have seen/read says the Legacy GTs are all autos:(

Have yet to see a single manual 05+ Turbo GT

I took one for a test drive.

#12 HooptyGL

HooptyGL

Banned

• Banned
  • 174 posts
  • Prescott

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:01 PM

See my post. Same thing. Subura seems to be silly that way. It's just their thing. I'm 90% certain that in 96 when they introduced the 2.5 in the Legacy you could only get it in an automatic as well.

thats where your wrong kid, the anniversary edition came with a base 5 speed.

#13 Slegacy96

Slegacy96

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • West Chester

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:07 PM

Yeah, I had one. Hence the reason for me buying a newer one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users