Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thank you Subaru for bringing back the stick. I noticed that Subaru only offers automatic transmission on Limited WRX's now. I think its great in a country that is becoming dominated by autos to mass produce cars with manual transmission. Hopefully it will catch on. After walking around my local dealer I noticed that 1) they had a ton of Legacys 2) most were stick. That is fantastic.

Lots of Manuals out there in the '05 Leg GT.

Subaru has historically been retarded in offering new engines with only automatics. The early 83-84 GL turbos only came in automatic. The SVX in automatic. The first impreza with AWD I think only came in automatic. They learned their lesson on that and with the intro of the WRX and now the Leg GT they offered them in both

Also, the '05 Leg GT I drove with the auto and sport shift was ok. The gear shifts took about 1-2 seconds. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it is called a Sport Shift Automatic, and not a racing paddle shift manual. It is what I expected, and for occasional sporty driving I think it is fine.

Cheers!

anybody know why the H-6 wasn't built with a manual? :(

Bad demographics. The H6 is targeting the crowd who wants a powerful plush SUV, not a little zippy awd wagon. This same consumer demographic tends to prefer automatics.

A friend of mine bought a new OBW a year or two ago -- the salesman tried to explain to her that she wanted an automatic so she could apply her makeup while driving. She got the manual. And apparently the salesman is still alive...

A friend of mine bought a new OBW a year or two ago -- the salesman tried to explain to her that she wanted an automatic so she could apply her makeup while driving. She got the manual. And apparently the salesman is still alive...

The salesman is still alive only because I was not with your friend when she went to buy a car. I certainly hope he is unemployed, though. . .

See my post. Same thing. Subura seems to be silly that way. It's just their thing. I'm 90% certain that in 96 when they introduced the 2.5 in the Legacy you could only get it in an automatic as well.

thats where your wrong kid, the anniversary edition came with a base 5 speed.

See my post. Same thing. Subura seems to be silly that way. It's just their thing. I'm 90% certain that in 96 when they introduced the 2.5 in the Legacy you could only get it in an automatic as well.

Yeah, I had one. Hence the reason for me buying a newer one.