Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who has the Loyale w/4.111, D/R and viscous center diff?

WJM

I remember that's a guy on here that has a viscous center diff from a legacy in his loyale, WITH dual range, and with the 4.111 gears...or either it was an 87~89 wagon.

It's dark blue with 15" pugs on it.

I used search...no success.

who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The guy goes by Beefaru.

The issue has been brought up before, and he's not sure how it all worked...a subaru mechanic put the box together for that car.

If you do find something out, PLEASE let me know. A 4.11:1 ratio in a d/r 5 speed would be THE BOMB for my setup.

The guy goes by Beefaru.

The issue has been brought up before, and he's not sure how it all worked...a subaru mechanic put the box together for that car.

If you do find something out, PLEASE let me know. A 4.11:1 ratio in a d/r 5 speed would be THE BOMB for my setup.

Cook, thanks.

I am 100% sure the 4.111 and 4.444 ring/pinion are direct drop ins...but I dont care about that. I want the center diff conversion information.

Cook, thanks.

I am 100% sure the 4.111 and 4.444 ring/pinion are direct drop ins

DO TELL!!!!!!!!! How do U know this? have U done it? Have U seen it done?

I would give my left fam. jewl to know for sure how it's done! I would kill for 4.44's in a D/R 5spd box:D

The ring gears are interchangable. The pinion shafts are not. The problem is from the factory these are a matched set and are curved to one another. Swapping is doable but you need to keep in mind that the gears might not mesh together initially causing the trans to whine and they could wear out prematurely. But really, who cares! I just swapped out the stub axles on my RX Box so this is fresh in my mind.