Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good source for cheep muders?

soobme

OK, I need some mud tires for my new wagon. I'm looking @ 27X8.50X14or15 or 215-75LT15 or 225-75LT14 and I'm getting STICKER SHOCK:eek: I have not bought new tires in this size for 2 or 3 years and when I did they wer like $45ea!

Any one got a good place to get 'em?

Iv'e been looking at just regular MT's (Firestone, BFG, ect.) I know what I can get Swampers for. And I may end up getting a set, but I was hoping to start out with somthing cheeper for now. I may look at some AT's and then just cut 'em the way I want (I'm getting a new grooving gun) for the money that might be the way to go for now.

I got my 215/75/15 Hankook MT online, but the website I got them from shut down a day after I got them. I got them for about 100 per tire. Awesome tire I think you would be very happy with them. I have tested them through all the conditions but ice which I don't really want to do(no contact patch). They tare mud apart and they do really good rock kralwing too. I asked around town If people had them and they anywhere from 140 a tire to 180 a tire. I looked around the net forever trying to find a good tire store with the size tire I was looking for. I used www.wholsesaletireoutlet.com but its gone.:confused: You could always get 215/75/15 BFG mud terrains, but probably really expensive.

Ive heard 28" Super Swampers for 14" rims can be had for around $70-$80 a piece. The 27" Discoverer STT's I was running on my wagon cost me $73 a piece, plus there was mounting and ballancing.

Tirerack.com lists the Kumho Venturer MT for $77 a piece, and they come 27x8.5" and up.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Kumho&model=Venture+MT

They actually list them as in stock, which is new... ive never seen them in stock on tirerack. You'll probably be looking at $30-$50 for shipping.

-Brian

Ive heard 28" Super Swampers for 14" rims can be had for around $70-$80 a piece. The 27" Discoverer STT's I was running on my wagon cost me $73 a piece, plus there was mounting and ballancing.

Tirerack.com lists the Kumho Venturer MT for $77 a piece, and they come 27x8.5" and up.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Kumho&model=Venture+MT

They actually list them as in stock, which is new... ive never seen them in stock on tirerack. You'll probably be looking at $30-$50 for shipping.

-Brian

YEAH, exactly,, thats why , now I wish I had gotten the 14" rims insded of the 15",, there's just more mud and AT tire options under 28 inch dia. with a 14" rim.

super sport ht 215/75 15 at walmart 72.42 each, it is a mud terrain, I don't know anyone using this tire, you won't find it on line, for $300 I personally would give it a try. My swampers I just got ended up over $600

I looked at the Super Sports before settling on some Super Swampers. They're a rebranded Cooper Discoverer. It's a decent price, but came out equal to the price I was quoted for my Swampers.