Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My impreza has new tires!

Ratty2Austin

Sorry; wont show a heep how anything is done with only AWD :-p

true...but you'd be suprised!! I certainly was! if he had lo range, it would do awesome...I think the impreza suspension is quite a bit more flexable, so keeping more tires on the ground is easier.

AWESOME once again!

thats one of the most rugged imps i`ve ever seen, i think zap or someone has a simular setup.looking forward to seeing yours lifted.

I don't have the cajones to abuse mine like Austin does his. I paid too damn much for it to beat it. Now if I woulda got the one Austin got. . .

142whoswho.jpg

Austin, how much room do you have between the strut cup & tire.... none?

when i get ahold of another forester rim (16") i'm going to throw on the LI215/70R60/C's on :grin: let's hear it for 28" tires on imprezas :headbang:

I have plenty of room left. The kumho offroaders I have are actually smaller than these 225/60/16s. They're basically 28s, almost an inch taller than my 27s and much wider than an 8.50.

A lot will depend on your wheel offset. The 205/70/15s on OB wheels were so close to the tower I couldn't get a finger between them.

142impaha1.jpg

yeah... the stock forester steel 15s dont have the best offset.. i had to BFH adjust the bottom of the struts a little in the rear (about a 1/8" or so at least..) to make them clear.. :-/

fenders needed lots of trimming and pounding,(leading edge of the rear, and trailing edge on the front wheels) but they clear now :D

They're basically 28s, almost an inch taller than my 27s and much wider than an 8.50.

Not to be picky but I have 27x8.5x14's (215/75R14's). So, "much" wider is 1cm? :o 225mm is 8.85inch, so 225 wide tyres are only .35 inch wider then 8.5inch tyres. Sorry, just had to post that. (no offence)

Despite the measurements listed on the tire, different tires are made somewhat different sizes. I have three different sets of 185/70R14s, each measuring a VERY different size. For example, my old cheapo Douglas street tires did not ever rub on my rear fenders, even when fully loaded. My Yokohama snows rub like mad. Same wheels, same size, just a different tire.