Ultimate Subaru Message Board

^&*(&! 4 spds... I need a new tranny! 5spd!

so I guess I need to buy the 5 spd conversion from Pat and Jerry! (and dont you guys have that place in yakama that does the cheap driveshaft lengthening??

the 4 spd in my wagon is making horrible grinding noised when driving in 1st and 2nd gears...! arrrg!

so i guess i will be heading out to Moxee motors sometime soon! (before winter is too much apon us)

Hi Austin This is Jerry, i need to see if i got enough parts to make up a kit. The drive line i have the drive line shop make them up and on a wagon i don't know if it is the same as the brat. i will look tomorrow and let you know. Can you find out if the wagon and brat rear drive line is the same legnth. Thanks Jerry

Hey Austin This is Jerry, if you are right then you will need 51 inches of new tubing installed in your wagon drive line. In yakima there is a place called Drive Line Service and that is the place that did Eds and mine. It cost 130.00 to install new tubing and balance it on Eds drive line he wanted new u joints and his cost 165.00 just to let you know. When you come over you need to bring the 5 speed shifter and the 5 speed tranny mounts all 3 of them. I will get started on the kit tomorrow. Thanks Jerry

So do you need a five speed Austin? The one I took out of my Loyal when I put in the D/R is just sitting around if you need it let me know It worked when I took it out but it grings when shifting into second really fast. Like when your doin this:burnout: