Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

^&*(&! 4 spds... I need a new tranny! 5spd!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ratty2Austin

Ratty2Austin

have tools, will fix

• Members
  • 2,385 posts
  • West Coast USA

Posted 28 September 2003 - 12:40 PM

so I guess I need to buy the 5 spd conversion from Pat and Jerry! (and dont you guys have that place in yakama that does the cheap driveshaft lengthening??

the 4 spd in my wagon is making horrible grinding noised when driving in 1st and 2nd gears...! arrrg!
so i guess i will be heading out to Moxee motors sometime soon! (before winter is too much apon us)

#2 SuperRallyRoo

SuperRallyRoo

Defundit.com

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Tacoma, Wa.

Posted 28 September 2003 - 02:33 PM

And I need to come too! Cause I need my shaft lengthened as well. But not as badly as u do. j.k;)

#3 syphon

syphon

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Kirkland

Posted 28 September 2003 - 07:09 PM

drop a TH350 in there, I dare ya :-)

#4 bratsrus1

bratsrus1

Race car

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • Selah Washington

Posted 28 September 2003 - 09:33 PM

Hey Austin This is Jerry, let me know a head of time so i can build a kit up for your wagon. I will have to check to see if i have enough parts to build 1. Let me know Thanks Jerry

#5 Ratty2Austin

Ratty2Austin

have tools, will fix

• Members
  • 2,385 posts
  • West Coast USA

Posted 29 September 2003 - 12:26 AM

I am ready whenever you are- i just need to know what i need to bring down to you for the driveshaft, and how much money and what its all gonna run me-

i need this wagon to run good! (it is going to be my main ride!)

thanks

#6 bratsrus1

bratsrus1

Race car

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • Selah Washington

Posted 29 September 2003 - 11:08 PM

Hi Austin This is Jerry, i need to see if i got enough parts to make up a kit. The drive line i have the drive line shop make them up and on a wagon i don't know if it is the same as the brat. i will look tomorrow and let you know. Can you find out if the wagon and brat rear drive line is the same legnth. Thanks Jerry

#7 reoff

reoff

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Bellingham, WA

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:33 PM

I'll be going over to visit Jerry in the next couple weeks... Let me know if you guys can work it out. I'll bring the stuff back for you if you want. If you want to come too, let me know Austin.

Rich

#8 Ratty2Austin

Ratty2Austin

have tools, will fix

• Members
  • 2,385 posts
  • West Coast USA

Posted 30 September 2003 - 09:27 PM

the brat and wagons are the same length when it comes to the driveshaft- so if youve got the measurments from Ed's brat still- it is the same :D

thanks

#9 bratsrus1

bratsrus1

Race car

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • Selah Washington

Posted 30 September 2003 - 10:10 PM

Hey Austin This is Jerry, if you are right then you will need 51 inches of new tubing installed in your wagon drive line. In yakima there is a place called Drive Line Service and that is the place that did Eds and mine. It cost 130.00 to install new tubing and balance it on Eds drive line he wanted new u joints and his cost 165.00 just to let you know. When you come over you need to bring the 5 speed shifter and the 5 speed tranny mounts all 3 of them. I will get started on the kit tomorrow. Thanks Jerry

#10 Subafly

Subafly

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Cheney, WA

Posted 01 October 2003 - 12:23 AM

So do you need a five speed Austin? The one I took out of my Loyal when I put in the D/R is just sitting around if you need it let me know It worked when I took it out but it grings when shifting into second really fast. Like when your doin this:burnout:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users