Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NOS and how long??

Okay, not going to do it but......... a guy in my 4x club just sold off his highly built chev 350 engine with everything minus his NOS kit.

I was wondering how long my SPFI engine would last on some NOS? I think he had it jetted for 100-125 hp increase:burnout:

If he doesn't sell the kit I think he's going to go rent a Neon, tap it in and take it to the drag.

Originally posted by archemitis

how much does he want:brow:

i know of one person who did it to his ea81 that he put spfi on

He's asking $300... Here's what he posted to our group,

Anybody need a nitrous kit? $300... adjustable 100-175hp fits 4bbl spreadbore carbs

If you want more info let me know....

A 100-175 horse kit for a V-8 will be different than for an H-4. NO2 has some interesting properties, and has to be tuned right, or can will have something I like to call "spontanious migration of parts". To get the right ratio you need to calculate your engine air flow throught the rpm band, fuel consumption, volumetric efficiency, as well as some other things that I know I'm forgetting. You would have better luck if you jes got a kit that was designed for your engine. You can get a generic 1.8L kit, they have em for 1.8 VW motors, would prolly be the best bet. NOS (the company), can work with you if you talk to them, let them know what size the motor is, what the fuel system is, and everything.