Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Not SPAM, I have no $$$ interest in company, but WHAT a deal!

Some have talked about going to OZ, this is a can't beat it airfare, best I've EVER seen. R/T to Aus. + three in-country legs, for under a grand.

http://www.statravel.com/Statravel/centermain.aspx?MenuID=1003S3

OH, it's good for a whole year, and they have a link to help you find a temporary job in Austrailia. We get this link, because my wife works for the state and uses this discount company for her seminar trips.

Man. I wish I could quit work and do this right now, summere's coming and the surf is UP! Fair dinkum, mate.

George,Would you mind telling us what your diet and fitness routines are?I want to be shredding when I'm 62 as well.:)

Of all the folks I've met and gotten to know through this board I'd have to put you as #1 of folks who's lifestyle I appreciate the most.You ski,you shred,you love life and it shows.Good for you,man!!!!

Cheers!

Ahem, he blushes, aw shucks Paulie, it was such a short date too.

Diet is mostly Mediterranian; lots of fresh veggies, done with a little chicken, fish, occassional red meat (we favor buffalo, but that's probably not a back east option). Pastas, olives lots'a hot peppers and garlic, rice, beans, Mexican and asian often.

Between us we typically split a bottle of wine daily, usually red. Beer now and then, hardly ever hard stuff. The occassional cigar.

We only eat out once or twice a month. Almost never fast food, if we must - Subway, Blimpies or Quizno's. When we travel we eat the local foods, wherever we are.

We have a membership at our community fitness center and work out 45 mins after work, once in a rare while an hour on Sat. Summers we hike when we can fit it in, and of course winter ski, that's why we moved to Whitefish. Winter also includes blowing and/or shoveling the 120' drive when it snows, that counts as exercise, and every summer we buy a load of cut rounds and I split a cord or so, which I really like to do, great tension/anger management tool!

This summer we only biked twice (we've got an old Schwinn-Twinn), and canoed two or three times. Flying is regular when the plane is in action (which it's still not).

The Pretty One (Roberta), is the real athelete in the family, she taps, does Hula, and when I'm on the cross-trainer (easiest on my ancient knees) she's swims or goes to yoga for 45 mins.

Prayer every morning and hot tub every night.

Ahem, he blushes, aw shucks Paulie, it was such a short date too.

Diet is mostly Mediterranian; lots of fresh veggies, done with a little chicken, fish, occassional red meat (we favor buffalo, but that's probably not a back east option). Pastas, olives lots'a hot peppers and garlic, rice, beans, Mexican and asian often.

Between us we typically split a bottle of wine daily, usually red. Beer now and then, hardly ever hard stuff. The occassional cigar.

We only eat out once or twice a month. Almost never fast food, if we must - Subway, Blimpies or Quizno's. When we travel we eat the local foods, wherever we are.

We have a membership at our community fitness center and work out 45 mins after work, once in a rare while an hour on Sat. Summers we hike when we can fit it in, and of course winter ski, that's why we moved to Whitefish. Winter also includes blowing and/or shoveling the 120' drive when it snows, that counts as exercise, and every summer we buy a load of cut rounds and I split a cord or so, which I really like to do, great tension/anger management tool!

This summer we only biked twice (we've got an old Schwinn-Twinn), and canoed two or three times. Flying is regular when the plane is in action (which it's still not).

The Pretty One (Roberta), is the real athelete in the family, she taps, does Hula, and when I'm on the cross-trainer (easiest on my ancient knees) she's swims or goes to yoga for 45 mins.

Prayer every morning and hot tub every night.

Hmm,the diet part I'm almost a twin to.But I need to actually workout instead of calling working hard all day a workout.And I can see myself getting into the vino soon.For now,only on occassion.No hard liquor for me either.

We have buffalo,looks great,only had it a couple of times.Is most buffalo grass fed??

Sorry to go off thread,really.

My friend recently took the Quiznos plunge (opened a franchise).Better menu than most places,for sure.

OK,what the heck was this thread about again???:lol:

http://www.statravel.com/Statravel/...x?MenuID=1003S3

Yeah,check them folks out,Bubba,you'll git yer arse out of Memphis yet.

20 more years to 62.Hope I'm half as cool as Smitty at that age.Kawabunga!

Honey, pack the bags,, we're going to Austrailia!!!!

Man,,, I so want to go. Got a friend here that's from Sydney. I can sit for hours listening to him talk about home. Matter of fact, I think he's back there right now, as I haven't seen him at the local bar in a few days. Usually goes back to visit around this time of year. I so want to stow-away in one of his suitcases.....

Real tempting to just pack-up and move there. Company I work for has a Plant there. Wife works for Wal*Mart and they have stores there I hear. Hmmm, maybe we both can transfer to Au.....