Ultimate Subaru Message Board

holy jeeze...sandrails! turbo ER27!

Hondasucks

Yes I can, I built one at just over 600. A similar but much more modern and driveable build is going into the lambaroo.

Take a look at the photo from the rear and blow it up in a photo program, the heads are EJ heads and assuredly not ER27 heads. I think it is a bored and sleaved then stroked 2.5Ltr.

Yes I can, I built one at just over 600. A similar but much more modern and driveable build is going into the lambaroo.

Take a look at the photo from the rear and blow it up in a photo program, the heads are EJ heads and assuredly not ER27 heads. I think it is a bored and sleaved then stroked 2.5Ltr.

600 what? 600 dollars into the motor? no way you got 600 hp out of any subaru motor, especialy your "built er27"

im calling the super duper bull shot award on that one.

wish you could prove it to me tho, that would be cool.

i vote stroked 2.5.

Settle down Beavis..... I have said many times that mid-200s is the limit for ER27s. There is a whole world of Subaru beyond here where 600Hp is not unusual. My daily driver STI dyno'd out at 463Hp and that is pretty ho-hum. Agile just put down 504 at the wheels with the 2Ltr not two weeks ago. And no not $600, were talking real money for that sort of power.

Subaru 2.7L Turbo charged and intercooled. -extensive block work with new iron sleeves designed to hold 40lbs of boost. -Large Journal Crank, -J&E Pistons, -Pauter Rods, -precision balanced, -9" clutch, -single cam heads with extensive port work, turbo cams, and dual valve springs, -T3 stage 5 turbo with 60 trim wheel, -spearco intercooler, -runs 20lbs of boost all day long, -430 Wheel HP and 400ft/lbs of torque, -remote oil cooler and filter, Mendeola transmission, PBS shifter, Fox Coil over air shocks, Combo mount wheels in front, Gear-one micro-stubs, Rear bead locks, Mastercraft bench seat that fits 2 adults and a child, Ron Davis radiator, Communications headsets, Weldon Fuel Pump, Much More Built in 2003, Featured in Hot VW magazine in 2004, Car is Clean and extremely quick. Spank your V8 buddies. $39,000.00 541-744-3893 or cell 541-912-6621 Click the link at the top of www.tech3motorsports.com for more pictures.

Gotta spend the money to go fast! mid 200s for HP? This one is claiming 400+...

He didnt say the 'world of Subaru beyond here' doesnt have a 600hp engine; he said you dont have a 600hp Subaru engine. :-p

I want that motor. Holy crap could you imagine having a 430hp w/ 400ft lbs of torque XT6?!?! Ohh man that would be sooo sweet.

"Yes I can, I built one at just over 600. A similar but much more modern and driveable build is going into the lambaroo."

looked like you were responding to the guys post above you, where he said xt6.

everybodys got a 600 hp something, just not an er27. i got motorcycle motors with more hp than my er27.

im perfeclty settled butthead

The assumption made was that an ER27/EA81 was in that XT6, it was not. However at one time, prior to the Xwife DUI-ing it headon I DID have an XT putting down serious power. Not that different of a build than what Rigoli ran on his BRAT. I decided to move on and build the BRAT that I built instead of replicating the XT, for a daily driver I have the STI which although it may be a but shy on HP compared to the XT it has much much more finese and daily driveability. You can choose to dispute it, I have had people including a Subaru service manager tell me that you can't lift a BRAT 12 inches and run 33s. I have had people tell me that my Porsche is faster and handles better than my STI. None of that changes reality, I walked out the door of the Subaru parts counter and got into that BRAT. I pulled away from that other Porsche owner's car like he was in reverse. And I will build yet another 600+ HP subie engine and run it in the Lambo that is already in my garage being built. If there is anything I can say, I have proven I don't bench race and mods planned, I build what I say I will.

600 what? 600 dollars into the motor? no way you got 600 hp out of any subaru motor, especialy your "built er27"

Depends on whether you are talking about wheels or crank.

Just witnessed an STi that dyno'd well over 400 . at the wheels.. With a broken ring land.

New motor should be in by christmas. hoping for over ~550 at the wheels.. that would put it wheels over 600 at the crank

stumble upon this company while flipping through Hot VW's. looks like they deal mostly with sand rails, but the sell lots of fun engine stuff:clap: they sell turnkey motors ranging from 300-600hp. they don't list a price for the 600hp motor, but the 500hp version will run you $16 grand :eek:

http://www.outbackmotors.com/index.htm

thinkin' between 400-500hp would be fun in my bug :D

Yes, A subaru engine is more than capable of putting down numbers over 800hp I saw a recent Mag that had an article about a WRX putting over 800 at just 2L Running a very lightly modded 6spd, i believe it ran a 9ish second 1/4 makeing it the quickest manual tranny Subaru in the wrld, and the only tranny mod was a cromed LSD front and rear.

stumble upon this company while flipping through Hot VW's. looks like they deal mostly with sand rails, but the sell lots of fun engine stuff:clap: they sell turnkey motors ranging from 300-600hp. they don't list a price for the 600hp motor, but the 500hp version will run you $16 grand :eek:

http://www.outbackmotors.com/index.htm

thinkin' between 400-500hp would be fun in my bug :D

Their 600+ is bored :grin:

This motor delivers the closest thing to a funny car in the sand you'll ever experience. Be careful.

Uhm.. I'll take one for the brat, one for the rx, one for the xt, and hey, even one for the SVX. Santa? I've been a good boy this year! :brow:

found this on outback's page, nice little chart to guide a build for the power you want :D looks like anything over 450 hp and you'll have to enlist their help

http://www.outbackmotors.com/motor_matrix.htm

also found their racing pistons, wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about bouncing the valves off the top of the pistons in your 2.5, piece of mind for only $660, not to mention the 30 psi of boost they'll take:clap:

happy dreaming,

ryan

• 2 weeks later...