Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New seat option-saturn donor car!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,917 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:07 PM

Today Eyesore and I went to the yards in search of Seats for our 80-84 style GL's.

Scored big. A car that is in every pull a part in the country I would guess. The Mid 90's Saturn cars have a seat that is comfortable, well padded, nice lumbar, etc but best of all:

Seat tracks line up nearly dead on in the front mounts and with 8 thick washers per side and a hole thru the floor the rear bolt holes are easy to create.

The blue ones are a near perfect match to the interior color of my Turbowagon and the tan interior of Tom's hatch really looks good with the black seats that have tan accents. The first car took about 30 min to install 2 seats, the 2nd took about 20 min.

Removal of the seats from the Saturn requires a Torx socket.
Toms donor car had external torx (E10 socket fit perfectly, the one used from the Snap on truck for rear diff stub removal) and mine internal torx in the mid 40's size. I want to say it was a T45.
Tom needed an 18MM socket to remove the seat belt bolt on his set and the same 45 ish internal torx was on my set to remove the seat belt.

#2 Ever Victorious

Ever Victorious

Hazard to himself

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Everett

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:30 PM

Removal of the seats from the Saturn requires a Torx socket.
Toms donor car had external torx (E10 socket fit perfectly, the one used from the Snap on truck for rear diff stub removal) and mine internal torx in the mid 40's size. I want to say it was a T45.
Tom needed an 18MM socket to remove the seat belt bolt on his set and the same 45 ish internal torx was on my set to remove the seat belt.

As an ex-Saturn owner, I can confirm that T45 is the size of several fasteners inside that vehicle.

#3 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,917 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:32 AM

As an ex-Saturn owner, I can confirm that T45 is the size of several fasteners inside that vehicle.

Thanks!

#4 eyesore

eyesore

Rocky Mtn. Road Warrior

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Centennial

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:29 PM

Some of the up-level Saturn seats also have a seat bottom height adjustment. A nice addition for shorter drivers.

I also have seats fom an '89 Mistubishi Galant in my other hatch. They are probably nicer seats, but required much more customization to install.
The Saturn seats require no cutting of plastic doorsills, etc. Just drill 2 holes. Very easy swap, and much morecomfort than the 80's vintage subie seats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users