Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New seat option-saturn donor car!

Today Eyesore and I went to the yards in search of Seats for our 80-84 style GL's.

Scored big. A car that is in every pull a part in the country I would guess. The Mid 90's Saturn cars have a seat that is comfortable, well padded, nice lumbar, etc but best of all:

Seat tracks line up nearly dead on in the front mounts and with 8 thick washers per side and a hole thru the floor the rear bolt holes are easy to create.

The blue ones are a near perfect match to the interior color of my Turbowagon and the tan interior of Tom's hatch really looks good with the black seats that have tan accents. The first car took about 30 min to install 2 seats, the 2nd took about 20 min.

Removal of the seats from the Saturn requires a Torx socket.

Toms donor car had external torx (E10 socket fit perfectly, the one used from the Snap on truck for rear diff stub removal) and mine internal torx in the mid 40's size. I want to say it was a T45.

Tom needed an 18MM socket to remove the seat belt bolt on his set and the same 45 ish internal torx was on my set to remove the seat belt.

Removal of the seats from the Saturn requires a Torx socket.

Toms donor car had external torx (E10 socket fit perfectly, the one used from the Snap on truck for rear diff stub removal) and mine internal torx in the mid 40's size. I want to say it was a T45.

Tom needed an 18MM socket to remove the seat belt bolt on his set and the same 45 ish internal torx was on my set to remove the seat belt.

As an ex-Saturn owner, I can confirm that T45 is the size of several fasteners inside that vehicle.

Some of the up-level Saturn seats also have a seat bottom height adjustment. A nice addition for shorter drivers.

I also have seats fom an '89 Mistubishi Galant in my other hatch. They are probably nicer seats, but required much more customization to install.

The Saturn seats require no cutting of plastic doorsills, etc. Just drill 2 holes. Very easy swap, and much morecomfort than the 80's vintage subie seats.