Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Howdy.....

New guy here.....I'm a retired mechanic, with my interests focussing mainly on Trikes, VW Trikes....but I'm looking for a bigger, better, more reliable power source than the VW......so that brings me here....looking for deals, info.....and anything helpful....

I'm also willing to share any info I can, to anyone that asks....but as to Soobie questions....Im sure I'll have some of the dumbest you've ever seen.....

Thanks for letting an ole man ramble....just gonna sit back and read a while...

kliff

Welcome aboard kliff.

I'm a new user my self. Found this MB about a month ago. Lots of good information and helpful people here.

I'm intersted in the trike application my self.:) Lost left leg on a Scooter VS Olds 98 some years ago. Would love to get the wind in my hair again. (That will be mustache as I keep what is left on my head shaved.):grin:

Cheers, Stumpy:banana:

Welcome to the board,

I think there is some info/threads on trikes in the transplant section of the message board.

I look at the Subaru motor as the new replacement for the old VW motor.

Good Luck,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Mad Max

01 Forester

Hey Stumpy This is Jerry, my neighbor is building a subaru trike. He got a gold wing front end with the frame and stub it on the rear of a EA81. He has a EA81 engine with the 4x4 auto and has it in 4 wheel drive. The drive line is the front yoke and rear flange with one u joint. My neighbor is missing his left leg thats why he has the auto tranny. If you want pictures i can mail them to you let me know. Thanks Jerry

Also,there is a guy who still sometimes pops in on the board who had a Subaru engined trike built here in CT.I believe the guy who built it also comes by this board once in a great while,or has at least once.Kind of like Jerry's friend where they used an EA81 but I think this one used a 2WD Automatic,if I recall correctly.

Here's his avatar- avatar77_1.gif

"dritchie" is his board name.He'd have some advice for you too.

Here's the full size shot:

FIN3.jpg

Here's some post threads Don (dritchie) started:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24179

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19011

srrear.jpg

Good luck.Let us know how you do with it.

Hey kliff, what do you think about that subie set up? I wasn't thinking that you could use the complete subie drivetrain. Should hold out better than the VW transaxle as they were designed for considerably less HP.

I have a EA82T FWD Auto that just my be my ticket when the time comes. Pushing about 115HP stock. :D

Wouldn't mind checking out any pic's you have for comparison. Stumpy

Jerry, could you post those pic's so we all can take a look at them? Kliff may be interested as well for ideas on his projects.

Got my EA82T running (Needed timing belt) and thinking it will make a great trike. It's FWD so I can have the motor a litter further back than your neighbors set up. Thanks, Stumpy

Hey Stumpy This is Jerry, my neighbor is building a subaru trike. He got a gold wing front end with the frame and stub it on the rear of a EA81. He has a EA81 engine with the 4x4 auto and has it in 4 wheel drive. The drive line is the front yoke and rear flange with one u joint. Thanks Jerry

• 1 month later...

Good Morning Kliff,

I have also just joined, I'm glad to hear from you again, Merry X-Mass, and all the best for the New-Year, that also goes for everyone else.

Take good care Kliff.

Dom

New guy here.....I'm a retired mechanic, with my interests focussing mainly on Trikes, VW Trikes....but I'm looking for a bigger, better, more reliable power source than the VW......so that brings me here....looking for deals, info.....and anything helpful....

I'm also willing to share any info I can, to anyone that asks....but as to Soobie questions....Im sure I'll have some of the dumbest you've ever seen.....

Thanks for letting an ole man ramble....just gonna sit back and read a while...

kliff