Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attn Washington Members! Snow!!!!!

THIS IS AN ALL-POINTS BULLETIN! SNOQUALMIE PASS HAS 3" OF FRESH SNOW!

I'm up here for the day, and I WANT TO GO PLAY IN IT! I know some sweet roads just out of Hyak. If any of you can make it up here today, please let me know! My cell is 206.351.8258.

The pass is exit 53 off of I-90, about an hour out of Seattle.

Please let me know if you can make it! I know it's last minute, but there's TONS OF IT! SNOW!!!

Yep, saw it this moring on my way to work, just a little slushy on the road. Time to get the snow tires on. If anybody is up there around 4:00ish I could stop and say hi on my way home, my car isn't setup for playin today, I'm still on some very worn summer tires.

Gary

I just hope the freeway stays reasonably clear given the condition of my tires. I'm gonna have to give the tire shop a call and see if they have what I need in stock. Today is the first legal day for studs so I'm sure they are buried, would be nice to get them on tonight.

Gary

who's got rope./.. I only got 2wd but I be interested tonigth

Psh.. who needs rope? It's an XT, it can go ANYWHERE in the snow. as long as it's on-road. :)

Seriously, last XT 2WD I had had no problem tackling the unplowed lane over Snoqualmie during a good snowfall, on just street radials. Only the most minute sliding.

(And I was passing AWD Outbacks, too...)

I'd be happy to go back up on Saturday. There's a great, really long trail outside of Hyak that has TONS of turnoffs, everything from gravel, to some serious mud, stream crossings... everything you could want. It's a fun road.

The snow stopped last night at about 9:00, but hopefully it'll start again before Saturday.

Where would be a good meeting place for everyone? Here in North Seattle is fine with me (and probably Eric too :) ), or anywhere along I-90. I can make directions to the trailhead too, if anyone wants.

BLAST!

there is loads of snow on all the local mountains... and i'm not aloud to go to ANY OF THEM!!! gahhhh!!!!:banghead:

i think my parents are taunting me, "here you go Greg, have a brand new set of snow tires! but you can't drive up to whistler... when it snows you should stay home... the roads are all slippery!"

reply, "Erm... ya... thats kinda the point...":rolleyes:

i really want to go to whistler... like really really want to go to whistler...

me and my buddy checked out a cool little road... not a very long road... but its 10 minutes from my home... now i just have to find a time when the gate is open! or buy a portable plasma cutter... which ever comes first...:drunk:

d*mn you BC hydro and your large impassable gates loaded with 4 protected pad locks...

i don't think they want me going in there...:rolleyes:

Last year when we went to steven's pass, they had a snow plow shovel blocking the parking lot with all the deep snow in it. But, how kind of them to leave just enough room for a subaru to squeeze by... he he he, 2 and a half feet of snow to drive through untouched was alot of fun!

BLAST!

there is loads of snow on all the local mountains... and i'm not aloud to go to ANY OF THEM!!! gahhhh!!!!:banghead:

i think my parents are taunting me, "here you go Greg, have a brand new set of snow tires! but you can't drive up to whistler... when it snows you should stay home... the roads are all slippery!"

reply, "Erm... ya... thats kinda the point...":rolleyes:

i really want to go to whistler... like really really want to go to whistler...

me and my buddy checked out a cool little road... not a very long road... but its 10 minutes from my home... now i just have to find a time when the gate is open! or buy a portable plasma cutter... which ever comes first...:drunk:

d*mn you BC hydro and your large impassable gates loaded with 4 protected pad locks...

i don't think they want me going in there...:rolleyes:

Went to steven's pass saturday night, during the winter storm warning, yes I'm crazy. Highcentered the brat, 4 big guys pushed it back out for me. It was that kind of snow that was wet, then froze, so you can stand on it, but then you drive your car in and realise it's 3 feet deep and everything stops when the floor pans hit the snow. Anyway, there was alot of people up there for 1am. It was snowing so hard too. I was only there for about a half an hour, took a couple of pictures... and in that half an hour an inch of snow accumulated in the bed of my brat. It was fun. Tires don't grab the snow anymore like they did last winter, it's time to replace em.

bratdeepsnow.jpg

bratme.JPG