• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that´s the way it looks in summer:

summer3wg0.th.jpg

summer2th7.th.jpg

summer1xc9.th.jpg

I got a pair of pm´s, asking für the specs. So here they come: It´s an EL15 engine, basically jdm and developed for japan, connected with a manual transmission and dual range, so 12 gears to use... :clap:

The engine has 105hp, runs nearly 190km/h on our autobahn and needs between 9 and 12 litres gas on 100km. It revs up to 7350 rpm and sounds like a turbine... :grin:

Of course it´s not perfect, the brakes are jdm too and not good for hard and fast driving and the fuel consumption is to high too! But overall, I like this little car a lot. Sometimes people think it´s a WRX... :grin:

L

Cannot believe I haven't posted in this thread yet, I have 5 Subie Wagons, 1 Brat, and 1 old Ford truck. Anyways, here's pics in order received-

83 Wagon (rusty parts car)- SubieLegacy013.jpg

98 Legacy Outback as purchased (DD)- SubieLegacy001.jpg

as of recent- Legacy007-1.jpg

86 GL (bought for parts, but drive instead :grin:)- 86Subie006.jpg

86 GL (bought for tranny but is rust free)-

86GLWagon2005.jpg

and lastly Cyberbackpacker's 84 GL (bought for engine and good body)-

84Wagon002.jpg

hopefully wont be adding any more anytime soon. (I do have my eye on a Gen 1 Brat though)

I think it was a pretty good deal. It grew up in brooklyn NY so it has various dents, dings and bumper cover damage but it's still real solid. She runs like a top even with 180k miles. A subaru mechanic I know said the ej22 is "grenade proof" and will probably go another 100k without issue. :dead:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enough glamor shots- more action!

Last Wednesday on a "closed" seasonal road near Ithaca, NY. The snow was about 6" deep, but very well packed. I even managed to yank a fallen tree far enough off the road to squeeze my wagon past. Totally stock Legacy L, with very good Hankook iPike snow tires.

(I don't know why I left the door open...)

post-16699-136027627079_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
but MY address now has a street view.

Not strange enough? OK - you can see my WRX wagon parked in the drive (and my daughter's Maxima on the street) plain as day.

Holy chit! I can see YOUR house from here!! :eek:

I know its a bit late but i finally got around to trying this and its slightly disturbing......

Oh well - yet another reason to keep the lawn tidy