Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wagons only - post your pictures here!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what wheels are those, Strat? I like the before and the after:)

they are sendel wheels. i'm actually going to be selling them soon as i have a set of oem wrx wheels in my garage just waiting for some meatier tires.

What is it then? Hey...maybe now I can convince my wife it's not a "wagon". Since I started looking for a Forester, she kept on saying "But I don't want to drive a station wagon".

I tried to convince my wife that her Grand cherokee is just a wagon on a truck chassis. She got mad and said, "no it's not and I'll never drive a wagon."

The Forester is a wagon on a car chassis which makes it ... well... a wagon.

I'll have to see if I can find a good picture of my Legacy wagon to post :)

I really aggravated friends of ours after they chuckled at the station wagon I had bought. They annoyed me enough that I pointed to their "cool" 2-wheel drive SUV that they pulled up in and said, "Isn't that just a large station wagon with big freakin' wheels?"

SUV's are the modern version of the station wagon...but you can still be "cool" by saying your car is an SUV and not a station wagon. If that makes any sense.

^^^^ I wouldn't wanna fall overboard in it! Too heavy to try swimming in a friggin helmet!

Carl

Carl, it looks like you are having a great time in that WRX (IIRC). I will have to post pics of Emily when I get the matching doors on her. The doors come from a dead (crank pylly fell off while it was being driven) 92 LS wagon with sunroof and all. I'm hoping to transplant the sunroof as well, along with the cleaner wheels and rear swaybar.

1125mynd_027-med.jpg

1125mynd_023-med.jpg

1125mynd_030-med.jpg

this was taken yesterday so ignore the dates :burnout:

Wow, Oskar, that looks a lot like Emily, but with a raised roofline. Never seen one like that. What year is it, anyway? I have 190K miles on Emily, and she runs like a top. I suspect that yours is about the same. What color does yours list as, and what features come on the GX?

Oh, and WRT the Forester on the last page, I see a wagon as a Subaru that has a sedan version as well. Legacy wagons also have sedan cousins, Impreza wagons have sedan cousins, Outbacks are lifted Legacys or Imprezas, and so on. There is no Baja sedan, no Tribeca sedan, and no Forester sedan (sorry). When Subaru releases a Forester sedan, then the current Forester will be a wagon. If that sounds harsh, I'm sorry, but I know of no other way of saying it.

Wow, Oskar, that looks a lot like Emily, but with a raised roofline. Never seen one like that. What year is it, anyway? I have 190K miles on Emily, and she runs like a top. I suspect that yours is about the same. What color does yours list as, and what features come on the GX?

i´ts a late 1993 GX

the GX came with some features ower the GL

heated seats

2,2 engine (GL was 2,0)

leather steering wheel

sunroof

ABS system

aluminium wheels (not the ones in the pics)

the legacy badge over the rear number plate

power antenna

other seats (stiffer and more sporty)

other interior color

AND the air suspension i wanted to keep but this car has regular struts now :(

as for the colour i dont know what the name of i´t is

and here in iceland all legacy wagons kame with the raised roof line (all older wagons too :confused: )

Oskar k.

Carl, it looks like you are having a great time in that WRX (IIRC). I will have to post pics of Emily when I get the matching doors on her. The doors come from a dead (crank pylly fell off while it was being driven) 92 LS wagon with sunroof and all. I'm hoping to transplant the sunroof as well, along with the cleaner wheels and rear swaybar.

A sunroof tranplant sounds like a challenge - you oughta documetn that with pics for us!

Carl

tried plowing the driveway

You forgot to attach the plow blade, Hound. . .

Carl, I plan on it. Also, since I'm actually living in my Subaru, so I'll probably be putting a page up about how that all works. Subarus are about the perfect car for poor people. Maintainance is minimal, reliability is extremely good, economy is decent, and since no one knows how great they are, you can still get them cheap. . . Every once in a while, I really pay attention to how well Emily is running, and every time, it amazes me all over again. sitting at 191K miles, I hit the gas at freeway speeds, and she just surged forward, like she was saying "Oh yeah, it is about time you decided to hit the gas! Let's GO!!". Not exactly what you expect from a 14 year old NA 4 cyl wagon with close to 200K on the clock.