Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wagons only - post your pictures here!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that waist spoiler considered EU or Japanese spec? I like it!

Carl

It's standard on WRX and sport grades of Impreza wagon. The sport grades (e.g. my HX-20s) are basically non-turbo versions of the WRX. There are bound to be other differences; e.g. the exhaust. They share the same trim (body kit, Recaro-style bucket seats, Nardi leather steering wheel, etc.).

Here's a picture of the back of the car:

attachment.php?attachmentid=3726&stc=1&d=1143920197

post-13453-136027607372_thumb.jpg

Check it out, Texan, they make one for your car too!

http://subaru.vegasys.net/servlet/VSP?id=subtbh&page=proditem.vsp&$dialog.LANG=da&action=prodlist.read,550

It's obviously also a European thing. Costs around $550. Unpainted.

Yeah, that one looks good, better I think the way the ends are shaped - but, gee 550 might buy some nice suspension bits too!

I do notice a lot of grime builds up on that 'hip' area on the hatch. And here in Texas, it just bakes on since my car is not garaged and I guess I feel a spoiler there might be easier to keep clean or, if it needs constant cleaning, I wouldn't be abrading the hatch paint off! Kinda a sacrificial surface! hah!

Carl

• 1 month later...

Yup, we just traded my wife's Liberty (also silver, and basically a wagon) in on the Forester. She was a little sad at first, but she is SO happy with her Soob now. We've only put about 100km (~60 miles) on it so far, but the gas gauge has barely moved! The Liberty would've been through about a 1/4 tank already (in town, very hilly here).

Oh yeah, those cars all put power to all 4 wheels, as well. Course, you have to tell the Loyale when to do it and the other two just know ;)

wow, i dont think ive seen a passat wagon awd of the vintage...ever....

i need to get some pics of mine. and once i fix the cv boot and get lights on it, i can get some nice offroad shots (nice for around here, at least)....

< one pic there, but it doesn't really count...

wow, i dont think ive seen a passat wagon awd of the vintage...ever..

You have never seen an AWD Passat because we didn't get them here in the USA...Lucky Canucks. :lol:

That Passat with AWD and (if they would have put it in there) a TDi would be killer. Those darn Canucks also got heated seats in the Passat too. Arrrrgggghhhhhhh

Matt (a former TDi passat owner)

i have seen the 4motion passat wagon, but it was a newer gen. come to think of it, i dont recall seeing a passat wagon of that gen. either. i think i've seen three passats that old, all sedans, but whatever.

these were taken last year. i know i need to take some more, but that'll wait a few weeks

IMG_0519.jpg

suby8.jpg

parkingjob.jpg

for those curious, i have fixed the dent...

and free cookies to whoever can name where i took those photos (ups delivered!)