Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good day, I am happy. Link added (Pic)

Just wanted to let you guys know I finally got the rims I wanted. They came off of a six lug toyota. 80 bucks, cheaper than new but still expensive junkyard wise. I hate NJ. I couldn't get the hubs I needed but no worries, I'll get them in time. Now I just need money for a lift and some time to play around back at the base. (I am out now so I have to get back on) Just thought I would let ya know. I have pics of my "new" rims if anyone wants to host them for me. Whenever I get some money for some tires and my lift and get them installed I will have some nice 15 inch Pugs for sale. I actually have some extra now if anyone needs. And there are some at the yard I was just at. I will probably just make a post of all the things I can sell at this time in the marketplace later tonight. Oh what a day.......

Ken, No they are different than yours. They are shiny with holes in them. I don't think they are factory yoda rims. If I remember correctly, they are either just like or at least similar to Hassey's. Too bad they had 33's on them. It was a bitch getting them off because the truck was in a place that they would have to move a bunch of cars to get to so I dug in some trunks for some cheapy scissor jacks which really didn't help much so I ended up tossing the lugs then between my rocking the truck and doing some (ALOT!!!!) of prying with an old leaf spring I finally got them off. As for the hubs (4wd Xt turbo), I couldn't get them because the rear axles were spinning (Car was in air on top of another car and didn't even have tires on it.) Right rear side had about 4 inches between the hub and a VW rabbit diesel that looked just like one I used to own (I miss that car). Broke my damn needle nose pliers just trying to get the cotter pin out. (Wish I woulda brought my screwdriver)

Here's a question to the GURU's: On the 4wd XT turbo, Are the front and rear hubs the same? If so, that would make life sooo much easier. Looking forward to your reply, Boz

Forgot to mention, I only got 4 of them. Will be looking for a fifth. Otherwise, I can use my pug steely spare and throw a larger tire on, whatever size I do get. I think I am gonna take one of those spare tire holders off the back of an SUV and mount it to my tailgate. or better yet inside my bed. Heck, Maybe I should just fab one up, it would be sooo easy. That way I can angle it like the baja trucks do, I like that look.

Ken, what size are your tires again? Do you have extra room or is that the max for you. You have the 4/3 lift right? Also, Is your suspension cranked all the way up? I would like to have the widest tires I can put on there. Probably gonna get Super Swamper TSL Thornbirds. I always loved them. I will be on the street more than the trail and so I am gearing more towards looks but still have off road capabilities.

Last one, How much did you have to trim your fenders?

My bad Brian, I thought I read that you no longer had admin privledges. Can you fix mine? I have the user and password and I can't get in.

Boz, I have 27" Swampers. I have a slightly modified 4/3" Ozified lift. Yes my suspension is cranked and I still get a little rubbing on extreme articulation. I don't think the Thornbirds come in a small enough size to run them on anything less than a 6 or 8" lifted Sube.

The hubs aren't the same. The rears have a smaller hub in the back where it matches up to the bearings.

BTW, $80.00 for Alloys isn't a bad price at all.

Hey Junkie, Can you hook me up with that account?

I guess I will probably run into the same problem with sizing though. It seems that I am retarded! I cannot resize my pics to fit this board. I guess I just don't have the know how cause when I try to resize them they come out in avatar size or smaller yet I send them to people to resize and they come out fine.

Is this account something I can blast my pics into then give you a link to go to it? If so the size shouldn't matter then huh? (Not a joke!!)

Anyway, Let me know.

As for the rims, I would assume the offset would be fine? I know nothing about that stuff.

Can you (Anyone) recommend the meatiest most bad rump roast looking tire that I should be able to fit with a 4/3 lift and some trimming? What about without trimming?

Ken, I meant to mention, I knew you were running 27's but what about the rest of the #'s?? I would assume 15's but the middle # is what I am looking for.

Thanks, Boz

Ken, your tires are only 27"???? Wow, they look alot bigger than that. Mine are 26", i run them on a 3" lifted wagon with no rubbing. I cut the front and rear of my fender to clear alittle, but did not need to cut anything off the top of the fender... and my struts and suspension are cranked down all the way (not up).

Boz, i'll setup an account for you and PM you with the info. no need to resize, the gallery will do it for you.

-Brian

Yep, 27/9.50R15

That's about the baddest tire you will find in that size. Rumor has it that they are considering phasing these out as well. I guess we need more people to buy them to show Interco that they are popular enough to keep around.

I don't get rubbing in normal everyday driving. I cranked the suspension up prior to the last run at Evans Creek. I had been running at half mast prior to that. Rubbing occurs when I get into off camber situations. Mind you I am not running a sway bar and I get quite a bit more movement than the average Sube will see.

Ken, which model tire do you have? Are they best tires that you have had so far or would you recommend something other....I want a meaty-tough looking tire, It doesn't matter where I will be driving, I don't care about a smooth ride, I actually prefer a rugged 4X feeling..

Boz, you can right click on the album and select "copy link location" or you can right click on the actual photo, and choose properties. In the photo Properties, you'll be able to copy the address for the specific photo, and then you can link directly to that photo from the USMB.

Oh, and BTW... those rims look great. $80 for 4 is a steal.

-Brian

Thanks! (I am a little cheap when it comes to junkyards because I am used to paying pennies.) At Harry's in Hazleton, PA I probably would have paid 25-30 bucks for them. (I don't have a recent price list) or some of the smaller yards around where I grew up would have been about the same price. Still not bad, I am just happy I got them. If you really want to know, The guy told me 20 bucks a rim thinking it was a stock rim but when he saw them he said "how much did I say?" So I was honest and told him and I think he was a little upset because some other fool probably would have paid alot more money for them. Not me.