Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HELP! im broke down

i was driving out of the neighborhood and the car dies.... The turbo guage goes on full even thou the car isnt running. Ive never seen the guage light up untill that point. I saw some blown off vacuume hoses and put them back on but it still will not start and the turbo guage stilll goes all the way up. Nothing other than the leaks look different. 87xt btw.

it is most definately electrical...... The pump is not geting power nor the power windows, locks, lights, horn, trip computer, horn, and most other things. Wipers work so does the signal , brake ligh works but i havent checked everything. The starter still works and so does the dash. I played with the fusable links but it didnt help any. whatever went bad either powers or grounds a lot of things.

I would suspect a power relay may be your problem with the electrical system if you have looked at all the fuseable links. Is this an XT you are having trouble with? You don't really say what you have.

You stated that you checked the fuseable links but you should use a tester to make sure that voltage is getting to both sides of the link. I have seen bad connections to the links also.