Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone tried the Khumo Venture MT's?

Dont bother, you wont get them from TireRack. They are on backorder and Kumho has no intention to make them any longer.

I ended up going with Discoverer STT's from Cooper. Check out their site (not sure what the addy is) but i was able to find them for $77ea mounted and ballanced from a local Cooper dealership.

-Brian

If you search for a local Cooper dealer, you can probably find a dealer with a set of the 14" STT's. I found 3 mom & pop tire dealers in sacramento that had at least 1 set of the 205/75R14's in stock. I ended up putting a hole in one of them while driving through a creek yesterday. So I have to find another. Since everyone is going to larger rims on their off-road rigs (the reason its hard to find them online) there should be some left on the shelf for me :)

oh and, since the tires have been sitting on the shelf collecting dust, the dealer was happy to sell them to me. I think i paid $77ea mounted and ballanced after tax.

-Brian

I'm going for 15" chevy drilled rims. No point in doing the 14's, as all the tire makers are phasing out their 14 mud terrains.

The 14s are out there if you look for them., you just have to buy 5 when you buy them, just in case.

A 15 inch rim is gonna force you to get a pretty big tire. If you wanna stay 26 inch or smaller, you'll have to go with 14s.

I still see the Kumohs in 4X mags, has anybody tried that venue? They seem pretty cheap that way. . .