Ultimate Subaru Message Board

turn your touring wagon into a discovery (or something)

a long time ago I had an 86 gl 4wd wagon. I saw a car just like mine, only it was the touring wagon and thus had the high top roof.

I though it would be awesome to get one of these and take a sawzall and cut out some little windows in the roof over the back, just like the ones on a Land Rover Discovery. Then you could also install dual sunroofs. What do you think?

-Jack

I've seen something similar done to a grand cherokee (my present ride). it looked really bad though. I think it was done by a conversion van company. They added an extra high top part to the roof and the windows and extra sunroof. I think there is one an ebay. They called it an excursion or something.

Anyways.....

I've seen something similar done to a grand cherokee (my present ride). it looked really bad though. I think it was done by a conversion van company. They added an extra high top part to the roof and the windows and extra sunroof. I think there is one an ebay. They called it an excursion or something.

Anyways.....

that would also be sweet.

As for project wannabe discovery, i was thinking about putting gps with a monitor on the dash and have dvd screens in the back of the headrests. i dont know if you could put little jump seats in the back like a land rover has, but those colt vista wagons had 3rd row seating and they arent that much bigger than a sube.

These are the things i think of when I am supposed to be working.:D