Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting Decked Out For Wheelin'......

TurboXT

How's it going? I finally have rear axles in my 84' Brat, after converting it from an auto to a 4 speed manual D/R!!! (Thanks Shawn!!) Yay! :banana: So no more FWD only! (had issues with the old axles sticking to the rear diff) In low range, she'll crawl over just about anything. I'm suprised what it can do just around town....just needs ground clearance now. Except one roll pin wouldn't go in where the axle meets up with the diff. so I just put a cotter pin in it for now. I think there may be a burr on the spline shaft pin hole. Not too big of a deal, it will be fixed up soon.

Other cool stuff I have done recently: a high roll bar (thanks Jerry!) just needs a few more bolts and I am good to go. Ripped the front sway bar off, it has great articulation for being stock. :brow: 2 1/4" exhaust from the cat back, glasspacked, and side dumped. I also put some Toyota MR2 seats in the front (thanks again Shawn!) and they hold you in REALLY good, and they are comfortable, too. Dressed up the interior a bit So just about all she needs now is the lift (on order from AA) but it seems to be coming REALLY slowly! 5 weeks now going on 6 since I ordered it! I hope it's worth the wait. :-\ And then I need to get my 14" pugs put on and get some Wal-terrains on it! lol I'll try to get some pictures of it un-lifted with all the goodies on it tomorrow. Soon, it will see some off roading....he he...

Just thought I would give an update!

Rick

Yeah, I know they are busy and all, and I understand that, but when you slap out $400 for something you start to get a bit nervious when it has been such a long time, and you haven't gotten anything to show for your $400.

But if they're that good (I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't think they are worth it), then I am willing to wait for the kit. Ok, I'll stop whining now!

I will get a pic up today for sure, I think I am gonna go off road it at a place here in town, so I will bring the camera along. Hopefully the cops won't show up to ruin my fun. :-p

And Wal-Terrain has hereby been patented by me, TurboXT!!! :banana: LOL

ADOG, Thanks.... and how is that 6 running for you? Did you kill it yet?

Thanks Guys!

Rick

Except one roll pin wouldn't go in where the axle meets up with the diff. so I just put a cotter pin in it for now. I think there may be a burr on the spline shaft pin hole.

Rick

Hey Rick, not to be a wise guy at all, but those are a one way set up. They are a hair off set and they will only go on one direction. I'd bet that if you spin the axle around 180º that it will go right in. A good way to tell is there is a small dimple on the hole in the axle and that lines up with the hole on the axle that has the dimple on it. If you already knew this, sorry but it might help someone else. Later, Tim

Thanks cheftim! I did know that, and tried it all of the ways possible, and it seems to be a half of a spline off, I know it sounds impossible, but that's why I think there is a burr on the diff. stub pin hole. I am crazy, but that seems like the problem to me.

Rick