Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics, of wheelin' and the Brat, 56K look out..

TurboXT

Went to a place in town, and thought I would drive around this place, lots of hills, LOTS of ruts from what seems like the Ford Big foot truck!! I drove across these ruts that were about 2- 2 1/2 feet deep, and the bump stops came into play, brushguard, skid plate, er, you get it. I didn't look at the trail I was taking and drove kinda fast over these ruts. (oops) Anyway, here are the pics I got...

rutsacross.jpg

Seats

seats.jpg

And a good pic of the whole car, good shot of the roll bar, and brush guard.

goodbrat1.jpg

Rick

That is awsome Rick! :) I am glad you have rear axles in there now.That rollbar looks pretty good in your vehicle.Can you get a nice articulation pic from the back of your Grabber Green Diff. I think that it is an awsome addition to all the other stuff you did to your brat. Hey I really like the seats in there too.Looks really good.

-Just givin ya a hard time about your diff.Cause someone has to.;)

Um, you forgot the red cherry bomb, it makes a nice addition to the grabber green diff! Especially with Christmas just around the corner!

And, I will go back, and take a pic of the car in a rut, but I didn't have a shovel or anything, so I didn't really want to get stuck, but I'll get a shovel and go back there and get a pic.

LOL and if I did get stuck, a ford festiva would have had to pull me out! HA!

Rick

Um, you forgot the red cherry bomb, it makes a nice addition to the grabber green diff! Especially with Christmas just around the corner!

And, I will go back, and take a pic of the car in a rut, but I didn't have a shovel or anything, so I didn't really want to get stuck, but I'll get a shovel and go back there and get a pic.

LOL and if I did get stuck, a ford festiva would have had to pull me out! HA!

Rick

That is helarious about the christmas colors.Now I just need to get you a power inverter so we can put some christmas lights around your front brushguard.;)

I will have to come see your car soon.:)

Heck yeah, lights on the brush guard would be sweet! LOL Man, I want to off road more now! Argh, I think I caught the bug. Jerry, you'll have to come along next time I go back, so you can get thrashed around too! ha ha Hopefully it will be lifted soon, can't wait! BTW, santa is gonna cruise around in my Brat this year! It has 70 horses insted of 8 deer! lol

Rick

You got yer' self a deal Dr.!!! Anytime you want to see it, let me know! I like the roll bar too, thanks!

When I got the car it had like 86+ GL wagon seats in it, and someone custom fabbed the "brackets" with bolts and metal strips. I simply used the same adapter and welded the seat to it. The driver's side was quite tricky, as the MR2 driver's seat has a completly different mounting system than the passenger side. But I just kinda slapped them together. I think that it definatly needs to be welded though!

Rick

No, you need kicked Cutie! LOL What has Jeff taught us about off roading XT's???? But yes kingbob, we need to go!

I did some how bend my mustahce bar, btw, and I guess I have to get a new one now. Oh well, 1 more thing I can spray paint! he he

Rick