Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2006 outback pet seat cover?!?! and ET time?!??

Hey all,

Just picked up the new 2006 Outback!!! I LOVE IT. It is my first Subaru and I am in LOVE!

I have trying to find a seat cover for my back seat. I purchased two from local pet stores, but they don't fit correctly. Any advice??

Second: On the new Outback you have an ET time on the dash under the AVG Gas and miles to empty. Every few times it won't give me the minutes that I am travelling, it just doesn't show anything. Anyone know what to do in order to get it to work ever time??

Thank you!!!

-Harry

congrats on your new sube. My 06 has the et display and I just have to cycle thru the various displays to get whatever. No special trick. Maybe the display is defective. we use home depot 6x4' door mat laying in the back with the seats folded down for pet cover. Oddly, that was one of two requirements for the new car a few years ago. One, my wife had to like it, secondly the dogs had to be able to see out the back and sides. I just get to work on it if needed.

I bought the subaru mat for the back of my Imp wagon. With the wacky angle of the Imp ceiling I don't even need a dog barrier. (though he does hang his head over the back of the seat and drool a little when we go to the dog park). I really like the OEM mat, because my monster mutt has a history of tossing his cookies in the car. The OEM mat covers EVERYTHING with no gaps. Gotta love that. I found a lot of good stuff at Pet Edge (I think it's petedge.com but don't quote me on that). If you want the dog on the back seat you could also try LL Bean's seat cover.

I bought the subaru mat for the back of my Imp wagon. With the wacky angle of the Imp ceiling I don't even need a dog barrier. (though he does hang his head over the back of the seat and drool a little when we go to the dog park). I really like the OEM mat, because my monster mutt has a history of tossing his cookies in the car. The OEM mat covers EVERYTHING with no gaps. Gotta love that. I found a lot of good stuff at Pet Edge (I think it's petedge.com but don't quote me on that). If you want the dog on the back seat you could also try LL Bean's seat cover.

I do have the Outback all weather matts for the trunk and the feet. I have a young 6 month lab who would jump out of the trunk unless I bought some sort of pet restrain. I don't want to buy that though, but what I am looking for is like a canvas type of material that would cover the actual back seat where people sit :) They sell them, but the two I bought didn't fit the Outback good at all.

I love my new Subaru. I can't wait for it snow here in Chicago. I went from a Toyota Highlander to this and I am just pumped. I was so happy to see that there is a message board as well for Subaru freaks!!!

Dang! Got in our 06 today and flipped over to the ET display to see if I could troubleshoot your problem and ours had quit working! got out the manual and there is nothing to do, it is controlled by the ignition switch.I figure the circuit board has gone south and yours plus mine equals a trend. However, on the second leg of our errand running it was back to normal. Gonna go on my "dealer list" of things to get done under warranty.

How will I ever be able to face the day without my Subaru ET display?

I do have the Outback all weather matts for the trunk and the feet. I have a young 6 month lab who would jump out of the trunk unless I bought some sort of pet restrain. I don't want to buy that though, but what I am looking for is like a canvas type of material that would cover the actual back seat where people sit :)

link for you...

http://www.ipdusa.com/ProductsCat.aspx?CategoryID=1698&NodeID=5271&RootID=1414

these are made specifically for Subaru Models.

Jamie subiegal-smilie.png