Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Can we use this type of spark plug tool on DOHC?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SubaruImpreza_Power

SubaruImpreza_Power

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Bridgeport, CT

Posted 30 September 2003 - 11:10 AM

the question is will it fit and turn?

http://www.partsamer...egoryCode=3411S

#2 theotherskip

theotherskip

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Philly, PA

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:09 PM

i doubt it. you are better off with a 3" extenstion, u-joint, and 12" extension...

#3 North Ursalia

North Ursalia

aka Captain Morgan

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Margaritaville

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:18 PM

Snap On (I know... $$$) makes a spark plug tool that fits into the spark plug tube and leaves about an inch sticking out of the tube (ie: just enough clearance to get a ratchet in there). The end that sticks out is knurled so after you start with a ratchet you can finish with just your hand. It's great for starting the plugs back into the sockets- makes it damn near impossible to crossthread them.

#4 SubaruImpreza_Power

SubaruImpreza_Power

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Bridgeport, CT

Posted 30 September 2003 - 05:55 PM

man the Dohc is a pain in the neck.. I tell you what I did.. I used a 6" extenstion on the drivers side and a 3" on the passenger side with a Flex hard rachet. I bet I could of used the 3" ext. on the drivers side too but I was not sure.. But I tried the 6" Ext. on the passenger side and it was a no go with the airbox in the way.. getting some tools for myself this weekend.

#5 99obw

99obw

this space for rent

• Members
  • 1,595 posts
  • Ithaca area

Posted 30 September 2003 - 06:29 PM

I like to wrap my swivel(u-joint) with electrical tape to make it less swively. It makes a nice short extension. I like to work from underneath with the mud guards removed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users