Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The annual Hatch Patrol Christmas tree run

That time again.

*When: Nov. 26th

*Meet at McDonalds in Enumclaw @ 9:30 with a 10:00AM SHARP departure.

*Where: Greenwater, Wa. Hwy 410 to FS70 then up into the hills.

*Who: Open to all! Subaru and non-Subaru alike.

The only real requirement is that you are prepared for snowy conditions. This means you and your vehicle. There will be a couple of pop-ups there. Feel free to bring a propane heater, a camp stove or other provisions for heat and heating water or food. Bring food, drink, etc for yourself and a little extra for everyone else. 4WD is recommened but not required(it will be much more enjoyable if you do). All vehicles must have good tires with prefferably snow tires. Reason for this is we almost lost a vehicle off the edge of the road do to bad tires and too much speed for the conditions.

*Permits are required to harvest a tree. They run $10.00/ea and are available through the forest service/ranger stations. I can get a few but they limit how many each person can get.

*We generally hangout for a while then head out for trees and snow fun.

Here's a couple shots from last year.

5100-0008_IMG_400X300.jpg

5100-0003_IMG_400X300.jpg

These were taken right before we left. I think we had around 20 or so cars and trucks up there that day.

Post here if you want to go.

See ya'!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troy and I will be there. We each really want a tree for our respected apartments. I'm going to hopefully be in my parent's Saturn that day so I will have to park at the bottom. Can we go up with someone else for the snow play and tree chopping? I can take the trees home on the car I'm driving I just don't want to slide off the road. My mom did that once already a few years back :)

When do we have to ask for the passes? I might be able to get my two tomorrow but I might not. I'll let you all know if I get them if it's not too late.

~Connie

I'm really gonna try and go to this event. Never have cut down my own tree, and what better group could one hope to hang out with? Depending on who comes along (and how many trees we want to bring home), I'll bring either the t-wagon or the big Dodge. Wagon should have brand new paint by then. :banana:

cheers