Ultimate Subaru Message Board

TSL Boots!!!

FlyB0y

Can you tell I'm excited about the new tires I am getting UPS in a few days?! :brow:

I was just digging up someone's drain line at work and thought how great it be to have some self-cleaning lugged boots!

maybe we could talk Interco into the idea :lol:

Ahh yes, I guess that is true ... I wore a few :drunk: (I was in the Air Force 5 yrs) But the biggest problem with those boots was no insulation, and that tread design I think your talking about makes for cold feet!:eek:

Now if I could get a pair that were warm and have that self-cleaning ability AND had a big ole' SUPER SWAMPER badge on it, I'd pay good money to have them :brow:

Pretty sad when you get out to take a pic of your Soob and fall on your butt or track half of the trail back inside with ya :rolleyes:

Today I tried to take some snow pics, and discovered too late that my flash-light batteries were too low to run the Digi cam!! DOH!!! :banghead::D

I think I will see about some of the old style "low heat signature" tread boots at the Army/Navy and maybe just some REALLY warm socks :-p

It was 23 DEG when I got up this morning :eek:

army boots have "self cleaning" lugs

don't mean to rain on your parade or anything though

yeah, good ol' frozen boots I wear em; 2-1/5 sizes too big with iclandic wool socks, make sure your socks are not tight fitting at all, cuts off blood circulation.

You actually going to cut yer fenders, thought that would be against your ethics, messin up that pretty lil green and red brat...

-N

yeah, good ol' frozen boots I wear em; 2-1/5 sizes too big with iclandic wool socks, make sure your socks are not tight fitting at all, cuts off blood circulation.

You actually going to cut yer fenders, thought that would be against your ethics, messin up that pretty lil green and red brat...

-N

:o Errr well, I wasn't going to, but then a branch hit the pass side rear fender and poked through some hidden cancer :eek: so now I am going to have to cut them, so I might as well go with a stronger sidewall, AND if you goto www.Intercotire.com you can see the special cosmetic blemished tires on sale!

I am getting 4 28/8.50/14 LT Super Swamper TSL's for only $45 each + $20 shipping each, so a total of $260 for 4 TSL's!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

It's the deal on the tires and the fact that I can replace them if I shred a sidewall again unlike the Discoverers I was using :brow:

Oh ... and BTW ... where do you get "Icelandic Wool" Socks? (and please don't say "Iceland" ;) )

army boots have "self cleaning" lugs

don't mean to rain on your parade or anything though

You'll have a hard time raining on the parade of a guy who's about to add Super Swampers to his Subaru.

I am getting 4 28/8.50/14 LT Super Swamper TSL's for only $45 each + $20 shipping each, so a total of $260 for 4 TSL's!!

It's the deal on the tires and the fact that I can replace them if I shred a sidewall again unlike the Discoverers I was using

Now you have 3 pretty much full size spares. . . You're gonna dig the swampers, but they take some getting used to. You Soob will handle quite a bit differently. You are getting the bias ply ones right? They also have flat spots every morning that shake the hell out of ya for the first few blocks.

But you and mud will get to be really good friends. :headbang:

You'll have a hard time raining on the parade of a guy who's about to add Super Swampers to his Subaru.

Now you have 3 pretty much full size spares. . . You're gonna dig the swampers, but they take some getting used to. You Soob will handle quite a bit differently. You are getting the bias ply ones right? They also have flat spots every morning that shake the hell out of ya for the first few blocks.

But you and mud will get to be really good friends. :headbang:

ya-know, with rain ya get MUD!! :banana:

omg ... for the FIRST time in my life, I can actually say I like rain .... so rain on! :headbang:

Oh, and here is the really sweet part! A friend of mine is sold with the idea of buying the old tires (less than 2500 miles on them :brow: ) and I repaired the poped one, even tho the road hazard is replacing it, so he gets the new tire, 3 slightly used tires, the spare and the repaired "off-road only" spare for 1/2 the price of 4 new ones :cool:

Make a set! Find somebody who has a trashed TSL and cut it out, glue it to the sole of a boot, and you're set! I used to have a pair of sandals made out of an old Firestone that had a gashed sidewall. They actually worked pretty well. I found rubber cement bonded the rubber real well, but trust me, tires are on the tough side to cut through.

Make a set! Find somebody who has a trashed TSL and cut it out, glue it to the sole of a boot, and you're set! I used to have a pair of sandals made out of an old Firestone that had a gashed sidewall. They actually worked pretty well. I found rubber cement bonded the rubber real well, but trust me, tires are on the tough side to cut through.

WHOO HOO!!! :clap:

That's a GREAT Idea:drunk:

Just send all your trashed TSL's to:

TSL Boot Project

P.O. Box 1941 Hamilton, MT 59840

:burnout: