Ultimate Subaru Message Board

diesel subaru?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you aren't. I have driven a number of Turbo Direct Injection Diesel cars.

Amongst them Mercedes, VW, Audi, Peugeot, Opel.

The French are very good indeed, the Germans seem a bit strained and unhappy to be hustled.

The 2.2 Dti Opel inpressed me the most. I wasn't aware that it was a Diesel when I got in. Starting the engine didn't reveal this sinister fact either. The clatter of pistons as I pulled away from the curb gave the game up though. With me exclaiming: "IT'S A DIESEL!"

Pretty snappy throttle response, for a Diesel, but nothing compared to a light pressure Turbo petrol engine. Saab and Citroen do these VERY well and they kick any TDi's behind.

The new Honda Accord is now available with a Diesel, and CAR Magazine reckons it's the best yet - what do you expect when it's designed by the same man who invented VTEC??

Can't wait to try it :D ...might see me downgrading my Diesel hatred.

My dud hada 2002 Chevy 3/4 ton with that new Duramax diesel in it. That thing was quiet, had oodles of torque and was just a pleasure to drive.

Much better than those diesel dogs that chevy used to do. This turbo diesel has more hp than my 7.3 turbo diesel in the F250 with .9 less liters! GM did a good thing in getting a proven, reliable product instead of turningf out crap like they always have.

I would love to slap one of those vw 1.9 tdi in my van, but, they are way expensive and likely will be for a long time.

Mark