Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

15" Rims

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 imguido

imguido

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • So Cal

Posted 30 September 2003 - 03:10 PM

Has anyone developed wheel adapters for the old Subies? I have some good 15" Integra rims that I would like to use on the 82 Brat. Has anyone tried this? What's the way to go to get any 15" rim on this truck (outside of the Peugeot)?

#2 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 30 September 2003 - 03:37 PM

Do a search on the board for wheels.. this has all been covered twice a week for the past 5 years...

One thing that hasn't come up very often is that there is a guy in seattle that has made a set of adapters for peugeots. these adapters allow one to bolt on honda wheel(5 lug).. they were very expensive, he wanted $75 just to test them out, and would absolutely not give the secrets away to soob owners..

I found all this out because I happened to own a peugeot at the time

So do a search and come back here to report your findings.. then sell your acura wheels and get some pugs:D

#3 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 30 September 2003 - 05:21 PM

Simply drill out some chevy 6 lugs - two of the lugs line up perfectly, and all you have to do is get a big hand drill, and punch out holes for the other two lugs. Takes about an hour. Chevy 6 lug rims can be had in white that look very similar to the original subaru white wagon wheels. They have a more "aggressive" offset, that makes em stick out a couple inches, and they look REALLY nice. They cost about $25 each from tire shops.

GD

#4 Adam N.D.J.

Adam N.D.J.

Quite Rusty, but working.

• Members
  • 3,290 posts
  • Medford, Oregon

Posted 30 September 2003 - 05:33 PM

The chevy rims offer quite a bit of availability for stuff, and are easy to work with. I've got a set from an 80's K5 blazer. What makes them so easy to work with is that they have "blanks" in them. In this pic you can see the blank area, it's already raised to allow for a seat for the lug nut.
Posted Image

Here is what you do to get them to fit.
Posted Image
The stock Soob lugs are in #'s 3 and 9, the knocked out lug holes are under #'s 6 and 12, these are what you drill out. Jes get a drill bit that is the same size as the lugs, then drill the hole, then find a taper bit that is bigger than the lug, and taper the seat for the lug nut. Pretty easy to do.
The only real problem with the rims that I am useing is that the hub hole in the center of the rim is smaller than the Soob one. So I had to grind down the lugs on the hub so that the rims would fit flush. Wasn't too big of a deal, although it could be for some people. Lotsa luck to ya.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users